Asian Appetizers This Evening

ryork

A little bit of a clean out the frig approach but satisfied a little of a craving too……

Egg rolls filled with shrimp, ginger, cilantro, purple cabbage, carrots and onions. Sweet taters roasted in sesame oil and finished with some ginger-turmeric salt. And some homemade off the chain kind of good egg drop soup…..

949491DA-AE0C-446E-9E55-4F989BD76F64.jpegFE075EA3-E11C-4F61-8EEA-EA0BDDB40061.jpegE485E246-92FE-4429-AF9F-2BBA885B69EE.jpeg7DE64EDE-F6DD-4D8B-9A01-6497C09AE333.jpeg

Big7

The Oracle
Looks Good !!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that looks good! Egg roll craving flung, been way too long since I made some.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Looks delicious! I sure do wish I knew how to make egg drop soup (hint, hint).

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Mydeeeefine!!!!!

ryork

Looks delicious! I sure do wish I knew how to make egg drop soup (hint, hint).

There’s nothing to it, seriously! This is all somewhat approximate…..

Mince roughly 1-2 Tbs ginger
Dice thinly a scallion or two
Slice a couple mushrooms as thin as possible
Put all that in a pan with 2 cups chicken stock and bring to a simmer for a few minutes
In a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup chicken stock with 1 tbs corn starch
When all the other stuff is boiling put the stock and starch mixture in and bring to a boil
Then stir in 1/2 tps or so turmeric and stir
In the meantime of the above lightly heat 2 eggs
While the entire pan of stuff is still simmering slowly drip the egg in to soup, it will form into ribbons
Immediately turn off heat
Serve up and throw some more scallions on top

ryork

There’s nothing to it, seriously! This is all somewhat approximate…..

Mince roughly 1-2 Tbs ginger
Dice thinly a scallion or two
Slice a couple mushrooms as thin as possible
Put all that in a pan with 2 cups chicken stock and bring to a simmer for a few minutes
In a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup chicken stock with 1 tbs corn starch
When all the other stuff is boiling put the stock and starch mixture in and bring to a boil
Then stir in 1/2 tps or so turmeric and stir
In the meantime of the above lightly heat 2 eggs
While the entire pan of stuff is still simmering slowly drip the egg in to soup, it will form into ribbons
Immediately turn off heat
Serve up and throw some more scallions on top

That’s lightly “beat” two eggs not “ heat” two eggs…..

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That’s lightly “beat” two eggs not “ heat” two eggs…..
I’m gonna try this , my wife loves it . I was about to ask how you lightly heat the eggs . Thanks for sharing , all looks delicious

ryork

I’m gonna try this , my wife loves it . I was about to ask how you lightly heat the eggs . Thanks for sharing , all looks delicious

Doggone I forgot a very important part……

In addition to the ginger and scallions, add roughy 1/2 tbs soy sauce and 1/2 tbs sesame oil to the chicken stock at the beginning of the process. Won’t be the same without that!