Atlanta Fly Fishing Show Next Weekend

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Feed back for anyone connected to the show. Overall, I enjoyed it enough to comeback.

Pros:

Enjoyed the seminars a lot, refreshed some lessons, provided much new info. It was good to talk to vendors and local guides.

Cons:

Large percentage of the show was travel agencies and guide services trying to sell you fishing trips to far away destinations. You need more local guides and vendors the local population can connect with.

Good show overall.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Feed back for anyone connected to the show. Overall, I enjoyed it enough to comeback.

Pros:

Enjoyed the seminars a lot, refreshed some lessons, provided much new info. It was good to talk to vendors and local guides.

Cons:

Large percentage of the show was travel agencies and guide services trying to sell you fishing trips to far away destinations. You need more local guides and vendors the local population can connect with.

Good show overall.

I might add that or emphasis the local guides giving talks/seminars about fishing GA/TN/NC streams and rivers.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I might add that or emphasis the local guides giving talks/seminars about fishing GA/TN/NC streams and rivers.

Agreed, hearing about the western streams doesn’t always relate well to the N GA/NC fisherman.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Agreed, hearing about the western streams doesn’t always relate well to the N GA/NC fisherman.

I know that all those speakers are part of the traveling show and how they are supplementing their winter income.

I wonder how to reach and relay the message to the powers that be. Surely in all their stops they could do some research and find a few locals with knowledge to relay.

Meriwether Mike

Thought that the show was the best ever. Made a couple of purchases and found a guide service to use in Montana this year. Well worth the drive and cost.

615groundpounder

I had a great time showing how I make my gamechangers on tyer's row again this year. Seemed like there was a very good turn out. We had people at our tyer's table nearly constant for both days. Everybody I talked to really enjoyed the show.

almoore

The show was great this year. I saw Jimmy and think I bought Unicoi's last two discounted Orvis Hydros fly reels, stocked up on tippet for next year, talked to groundpounder, Kent Edmonds, Henry Cowen and others at the tiers bench, saw some great destination, technique, flytying and casting presentations and got a free casting lesson from FFI, and this was while working at least half the time at the Atlanta Fly Fishing Club booth and getting stuck two hours in the truck fire closure of I-85 driving up early Saturday morning. I like to look at the destination lodge booths on the floor and desination presentations, but there also are a number of fly shops and guides from Georgia, Florida, N.Carolina and Tennessee and a number of local presentations including Fly Fishing the Carolinas, Drift Fishing Southern Tailwaters, and Targeting Wild Brown Trout in the Chattahoochee. The show is in the exhibition hall, not the concert venue. Looking forward to next year already. I'm guessing based on past dates it'll be either Jan 20-30 or Feb 5-6.

Jimmy Harris

We had a great show again this year. Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by to visit. I love the seminars and hate that I can't attend more. One of the best I've attended was Circe Tsui's seminar on traveling on a budget. And let me tell you, Circe fishes more than anyone I know, all over the planet. She's got it figured out.