Atlanta Saltwater Club - 2/9/09 Speaker is Miss Judy

The next Atlanta SaltWater Sportsman's Club (ASWSC) will meet on Monday 2/9/09 at 7pm.

Captain Judy of Miss Judy's Charters has generously agreed to be our guest speaker at the February 9th Club Meeting. Miss Judy's is a legendary charter service out of Savannah - but you already know that (unless you've been in a coma for the last few decades)

Here's what Captain Judy plans to talk about:
-- Cobia fishing "anchoring or not!" How to get the fish to come to you and what to do when you get them there..."Hooked up or Not!"

-- Big bottom fishing! What baits are "Hot" and you are not going to believe this suggestion! It's my father's "old time commercial fishing trick!"

-- High speed trolling for Wahoo...I am bringing what I have used for years along with information on how to get your own personal ones built! How to find the big boys sporting bills or not!. Looking for that "man in the blue suit!" What all fish do together!

-- What Miss Judy Charters captains do when they just want to talk to each other about the fish they are catching or not! ..I can assure you we don't just go to another channel and hope someone doesn't hear us! We go to "our own private channel!" (information on VHF technology)

Free Meeting - Please join us.

Directions and more information can be found at the Club's website.

http://www.aswsc.org

Here is the Club's Schedule for 2009:

2009 TOURNAMENTS & ACTIVITIES
This is the PRELIMINARY 2009 Tournament Schedule:

JANUARY 7 - 10 West Palm Beach Sailfish Tournament

MARCH 14 Swap Meet (click for more info)

APRIL 16 - 18 Destin Cobia Tournament

MAY 14 - 16 Apalachicola Tournament

JUNE 7 - 13 Orange Beach (week long) Tournament

JULY 16 - 18 Destin Tournament

AUGUST 13 - 15 Outer Banks/NC Tournament

TBD Pensacola Tournament

Hope to see you at the February meeting. - Tom

I had some people ask me a few questions .

There is no cost for non-members to attend the meeting.

If you later decide to join it is $50 per year.

The club meeting is just south of Gwinnett Mall.

Winfield Hall
3890 Satellite Blvd
Duluth, GA

Directions to Winfield Hall
Take I-85 North to Steve Reynolds Blvd (Exit 103)
Turn Left onto Steve Reynolds Blvd (crossing over I-85)
Turn Left onto Satellite Blvd
Entrance to Winfield Hall on left (3rd Driveway on Left)

more info at the website
http://www.aswsc.org

Last edited:
And don't forget the tackle raffles and cash bar during the meeting. Hope to meet you there. Again, Monday the 9th.

ARTNAILER

great club

i joined these boys last year fished a couple tuornements great club if you like saltwater fishing you should come even if you dont have a boat always someone looking for extra crew

XTREME HUNTER

i joined these boys last year fished a couple tuornements great club if you like saltwater fishing you should come even if you dont have a boat always someone looking for extra crew

I was thinking of joining last year but I never made it, This year I want to do some tournaments & stuff so I want to check it out.

Bump - c u tonite!

d-a

I will be there,

Any one thinking of going to the Apalachicola tournament in may?

d-a

d-a

I had a good time, meet new friends. I just wish I had went to one of the meetings years ago instead of last night being my first.

d-a

Thanks for coming out guys. Next meeting is March 10th, followed by our swap meet (clean out the garage/boat of old/used tackle and get some cash for it at our flea market) Next tournament is in Destin for Cobia. This is easy fishing, cruising off the beach and sight casting. Its your best bet for landing your biggest cobia ever. Drop me a line if you have any questions or interest . . . theseasickness(at)yahoo.com

d-a

Dont worry I met real fisherman last night you dont have to worry about going anymore.....

It was nice meeting a few of yall on here, I had a good time last night

It was nice to meet you to Gordon. Who was the real fisherman you meet? I must have missed that part:banginghe LOL

d-a

XTREME HUNTER

It was nice to meet you to Gordon. Who was the real fisherman you meet? I must have missed that part:banginghe LOL

d-a

I have to give tatonka a hard time, I took him out last time & we did not catch the first Grouper just a few AJ's. It did not help that he thought it was going to be a charter you know the type, Tie my hook, Setting Circle Hooks, Drinking way to much & complaining the whole time.\

Then to make things worse we stayed inshore the last day for trout & he was using a baitcaster with rocks in place of the ball bearings (the worst sound everytime he cast) had to give him the whole Bow of the boat

Parker Phoenix

I have to give tatonka a hard time, I took him out last time & we did not catch the first Grouper just a few AJ's. It did not help that he thought it was going to be a charter you know the type, Tie my hook, Setting Circle Hooks, Drinking way to much & complaining the whole time.\

Then to make things worse we stayed inshore the last day for trout & he was using a baitcaster with rocks in place of the ball bearings (the worst sound everytime he cast) had to give him the whole Bow of the boat

Next time let him be the mate.He's pretty good with a scrub brush.