Awesome new Kayak on the market.

BasserDrew

GaBassmaster,

1.) These boats are NOTHING alike although you claim they are and that they work better. How would you know? The Coosa literally just hit the market this past week and I am quite certain you have not paddled one because the ones that went into stores were pretty much all pre-sold. Sort of makes your post seem uneducated and therefore your advice untrustworthy IMO. I know Randy and I don't comment or compare the actual performance of boats unless we have tried them (we may compare deck features however).

2.) The Coosa has a Standard version ($799) that is just $120 more than the 12 ft version of the boat you posted that is most similar (a 10ft kayak is not comparable to the Coosa, sorry). So, in reality those kayaks are just $120 less, without coming close to the amount of features even the Standard Coosa has. So, if someone wants to save $120 to lose out on the features of the Coosa, by all means that is their choice.

3.) The Coosa is built by a leading kayak company in the paddle sports industry, who have proven to make high quality boats and come with a three year limited warranty with hull replacement at no charge for first two years.

I'm not saying those boats don't work (heck, you can catch fish floating on a log if you want) and have their place in the industry somewhere, but to compare them to the Coosa is not fair to either boat really because they are so different.

ZachYak

GaBassmaster,

1.) These boats are NOTHING alike although you claim they are and that they work better. How would you know? The Coosa literally just hit the market this past week and I am quite certain you have not paddled one because the ones that went into stores were pretty much all pre-sold. Sort of makes your post seem uneducated and therefore your advice untrustworthy IMO. I know Randy and I don't comment or compare the actual performance of boats unless we have tried them (we may compare deck features however).

2.) The Coosa has a Standard version ($799) that is just $120 more than the 12 ft version of the boat you posted that is most similar (a 10ft kayak is not comparable to the Coosa, sorry). So, in reality those kayaks are just $120 less, without coming close to the amount of features even the Standard Coosa has. So, if someone wants to save $120 to lose out on the features of the Coosa, by all means that is their choice.

3.) The Coosa is built by a leading kayak company in the paddle sports industry, who have proven to make high quality boats and come with a three year limited warranty with hull replacement at no charge for first two years.

I'm not saying those boats don't work (heck, you can catch fish floating on a log if you want) and have their place in the industry somewhere, but to compare them to the Coosa is not fair to either boat really because they are so different.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

FishingAddict

I found some exactly like those that i fish from and they were only half the price and work alot better but i like the camo the best lol... but seriously people catch some monster fish off these kayaks

The boat you have in the pictures doesn't solve one gripe I have with SOTs...the Coosa solved all of them.

I bought a Native Ultimate to solve all the standard problems I have with an SOT, however, you can swamp a Native Ultimate, which limits what I do with it.

The Coosa solved the problems with both types of kayaks, plus added some neat features I'm not going to be able to do with out on the next yak I buy...(I love the little things like the place for the paddle during wind.)

frydawg

I found some exactly like those that i fish from and they were only half the price and work alot better but i like the camo the best lol... but seriously people catch some monster fish off these kayaks

:crazy:

Among A LOT of other things missing, those boats have no bow or stern hatches.

I wouldn't spend a dime on a kayak that doesn't have under deck storage. Just a big chunk of plastic.

Drew,

Marvelous design and engineering! This is the kayak that I have been waiting for. I will be placing my order for one early next year.

BasserDrew

We really don't have a dealer in SE GA anywhere yet, but I believe there is a shop in Savannah that we may be talking with, or will be soon. Since this is our first Kayak Fishing boat we are still developing distribution but the consumer push to have this boat is really helping a lot so if you know of an outdoor store (not a chain) or kayak shop that is in your area that's not carrying it, feel free to reply on this thread and let us know where you would like to this boat to be carried. We'll gladly give them a call and then swing a boat by so they can see what all the hype has been about.

Look for some more places to buy the boat in February and March. I believe there will be a dealer in Augusta soon, but would love to get some feedback from anyone in south GA as to where we might could sell this boat in the Valdosta area. Any good fishing or outdoors stores there or even a place that sells kayaks?

If you want a boat now you'll have to either pay to get it shipped from a dealer that will ship. The Outside World is the main GA dealer and they may be able to ship. Otherwise you'll have to go to Charleston, Columbia, Columbus or Atlanta - or Jacksonville in about February or March when we finalize our dealers down there.

gsu51

So Jacksonville has a dealer now or in February/March. Winges Bait and Tackle in Waycross, Ga would probably sign up as a dealer. He doesn't have any kayaks as of now but has everything else for a Georgia sportsman. The owner is Michael 912-288-0229 they have been in business like 100 years or something. Drew have your people call him please.

BasserDrew

yeah, we'll have a Jacksonville dealer some time in January probably but they most likely won't get their Coosas until Feb.

I sent the info of Winges Bait and Tackle to our sales rep and he said he would give them a call to gauge their interest and then if interested he can swing by to check out their place and show them some boats. If I were you and I wanted them to try and carry the boat you may want to call them up and tell them about it so they know there is consumer interest. No store wants to buy something if they don't know if anyone wants to buy it from them. And, with something new like this in a shop that doesn't know kayaks, it may take some actual consumers showing interest to help them see there is a demand for the product.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
$999 for the elite version and $799 for the standard version.

Standard doesn't come with the hi/lo seat (instead has a thermoformed molded in seat that is still very comfy) nor does it come with the stern hatch, flush mount rod holders, day hatch or adjustable foot pegs (you just use the molded in foot humps). You still get all the other goodies so if you need to save some money its still a great value to get into a stable fishing platform.

So you can add the extras later (i.e. stern hatches, foot pegs, etc.) to the standard model without having to do any major modifications to the yak?
What delaer in Columbus sells them?

Last edited:

Bruiser

Yes, you can add the other features later as needed. You'll have to cut the holes to add a day hatch or flush mount rod holders. This is not necessarily hard to do, but I know some folks may be hesitant to drill or cut into holes into their kayaks. For only $200 more ($999 for the elite and $799 for the standard), the elite version provides those features, along with the removable hi/low seat, straight from the factory. That's not too bad considering the additional features the elite version provides. However, as we all know, money is tight right now and $200 is still $200. For $799 the standard model still provides a great stable platform from which you can build up or customize to your liking over time like so many others like to do.

The Outside World in Columbus sells the Coosa. They just opened a store there this year. The Outside World's flagship store is in Dawsonville, Ga. It's a cool place to check out if you have never been. They even have an indoor pool in the Dawsonville store where you can try before you buy.

Last edited:

bhayz

I've been looking a kayaks for a while now. This just won my vote. Very nice Drew. Can't wait to fish outta one.

ShimanoFisherman

I just bought the Elite version today. Never been in a kayak before but can't wait to try this baby out on the Etowah when it warms uop a little bit.

The Coosa looks great. Maybe after I wear out my Prowler I will get me one of em. Good job!

Oh yeah. Contact Chad at Adel Outfitters. He may deal them for ya???