axe ?

sharpeblades

axe

One of the all steel eastwing axes i have been useing two of them for years they come in 3 sizes i dont believe you can tear one up

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Not sure what "survival" means to you, but I got one of these for camp. I got a 23.5 inch model, but they come larger and smaller. I can strap it to my pack and carry it in to camp.

It's phenomenally sharp. Seriously, you can cut yourself just by bumping into this thing.

I'm pretty sure it's unbreakable too.

7857_p.jpg

GAnaturalist

How about this:

Its called the Canebrake, I am the designer, but Swiss Bianco Knives is going to be manufacturing it. It is a full tang hatchet/tomahawk intended just for wilderness survival.

It has a hatchet blade, saw, prybar, drawknife, hammer head, cordage or G10 handles, digging tool, etc.

*Patents Pending*

The pics are the proto types. The design might change a little. There is a short and long version, kydex sheaths, etc. Will be available next year (?), 1095 steel, but I might indulge and make at least one small version in Titanium. Spas, Sig, Colt, and copperhead not included.

GAn

Attachments

• DSCI0850.jpg
    DSCI0850.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 452

FX Jenkins

I like the Gerbers, in the sport or camp axe length. Mine will literally shave your chin....

p020024sq02.jpg

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Mine will literally shave your chin....

That's no exaggeration. These things could be dangerous!

GA Naturalist... that is an awesome design. When might those be available? And how much does it weigh?

GAnaturalist

That's no exaggeration. These things could be dangerous!

GA Naturalist... that is an awesome design. When might those be available? And how much does it weigh?

I came up with the design in Blairsville too, I use to work for Vogel State Park for several summers, doing wilderness survival programs, environmental programming, etc.

The weight changes with each prototype. I will have to weigh my current one. It is lighter than you think, and suppose to be 6mm thick steel (I have to do everything in metric because the measurements get sent to Switzerland)

This pic will give you a better view of the drawknife

Attachments

• dcs12.GIF
    dcs12.GIF
    17.7 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Ganaturalist, that is a unique concept you have there.

GAnaturalist

Ganaturalist, that is a unique concept you have there.

It gets "weirder".....Roger Remund (the owner of Bianco Knives) wants to take the saw off the top, and make some kind of foldout saw. The saw would be a common saw blade from a large jig saw. It folds out from the hand scales on the grip, probably CNC made aluminium scales, and maybe even have a small Swiss Army knife the locks to the inside of the aluminium scales. I don't know how he is going to do this....so the next proto is going to be interesting. It is kinda of getting away from the original design and the "K.I.S.S." theory. It is like somethings never get to be manufactured the way you want them to. I had planned on selling the design to TOPS knives, Roger has already sold one design to them (SBT knife), and the reason we did not sell is because they were going to change a bunch of stuff, and now I hear more is going to change if we keep it in house.....eshhh. :banginghe

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I like the KISS theory as well.

I can see the saw being difficult to operate. You would naturally want to grip the blade of the axe to pull/push the saw.

Maybe if the saw teeth were on on the back side of the handle... you could grip the handle with one hand and the head of the axe with the other and saw effectively???

Either way, I really like that longer model pictured with the dead copperhead.

GAnaturalist

Here is my normal working hatchet, that could serve in wilderness survival too, it has a hammer back, and I guess you could just carve a new handle if the wood one breaks.

I was working on a Walnut gunstock in the background, sometimes I chop out the blank.

Attachments

• IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 253