Backyard Boom Boom...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Shot up about 5-6 ounces of Goex 3f today, plinking in the back yard...

Was trying to determine loads that would put GP 385s, PA Conicals, and PRB's into a 4-6" group, without messing with the sights on the Hawken.

A bunch of shooting at paper, plinking at oil bottles and coffee cans later, I determined that the 385/90gr and either the PA or PRB/70gr will do the job...

Here are the final three, 385 on the left, PA on the right, and PRB up top.

Screenshot_20200731-191359.png

The pressure was on, because I went and looked after the first two, so I botched that last PRB a bit, but I'm happy..

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s good shooting with iron sights. I had to go to fiber optics on my Renegade just to be able to see the sights during prime hunting times.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I was shooting off sandbags, a GP385/90gr, then a PA Conical/70gr...Both shots felt good, so I walked downrange and looked...

Big mistake, because I spent the whole PRB/70gr reload and get set period worrying about making another great shot...

I'm about certain that it would have been better, had I just reloaded and fired...:LOL:

mlandrum

Railroder, Since t
2 years ago I was shooting 100 grains of pellet and it like to have dislocated my shoulder I did a readjustment to 80 grains of powder and a .270 grain lead it,s been super! Powder has the work ability that you can't get in pellets---- Well Done!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Railroder, Since t
2 years ago I was shooting 100 grains of pellet and it like to have dislocated my shoulder I did a readjustment to 80 grains of powder and a .270 grain lead it,s been super! Powder has the work ability that you can't get in pellets---- Well Done!

Yep, I have tried it all, and concluded that there is no beating plain old Black Powder...