Bass fishing lights during the spawn or post spawn (right now)

Burton

Y'all got any tips for catching stubborn fish on the lights? It's hard to beat fishing the lights on Lake Hartwell during the prespawn. I like to throw a 3/16 strike king jig head with a 3.25 rage swimmer. It's deadly in FEB/MAR. A jigging spoon can also be pretty deadly.

But, when it gets warm.....they don't bite it. I go from catching 30 fish to about 3 or 4 fish....switch out the rage swimmer to a large worm.

But I'm talking right now. I see fish swimming just under the surface, circling the light.....I was fishing last week. I caught one on my swim bait, but most of the fish ignore it completely. My dad last week hooked a couple on a crappie jig. They are just super finicky....any tricks in making them bite?

I've tried a fluke, crankbait, worm, jig....they are just super stubborn.

Jdmb123

The cruisers I saw this weekend were stubborn as well. But for the dock light seems like the only thing left for you to try is a top water you can work in place or a wacky worm. Make sure you aren’t too close to them.

Burton

The cruisers I saw this weekend were stubborn as well. But for the dock light seems like the only thing left for you to try is a top water you can work in place or a wacky worm. Make sure you aren’t too close to them.
Yeah, I'm thinking something small. The crappie jig my dad had, it had a lot of tail movement and he hooked 2 together pretty quick. I forgot, I tried the wacky worm also with and without a nail weight.

I have some small poppers, since some of the fish are right under the surface, may try it next time.

Burton

One thing on being too close. Yeah, I think it's an advantage to get a long cast when you start fishing it.

BUT....one I caught last week was 10 ft from the boat. I've caught some that I could almost touch with the rod tip (5 and 6 lbs)....If you can swim it right in front of their face, sometimes...they can't help themselves.

HermanMerman

A dark colored wacky rigged senko. If it’s deep enough, I’ll neko rig it instead and if there’s brush around the dock, I’ll put it on a shaky head.

Taco4x4

Chunk a hollow body popping frog on the dock by the light and slowly drag it till it falls by the light. Should be immediate but if not give it a couple little pops. Just don't try this when your fishing against me. lol

Burton

Chunk a hollow body popping frog on the dock by the light and slowly drag it till it falls by the light. Should be immediate but if not give it a couple little pops. Just don't try this when your fishing against me. lol
Next time, would love to see one eat a frog by the light.

I went last night and couldn't get a bite on the lights. I threw swimbaits, crappie jig, spybait, frittside, texas rig, wacky/senko