Bear video

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I could have shot this bear several times. Its pretty small. Not even sure it is a legal bear.

Im still miffed at my tech skills. I thought I shot video of it walking up the trail. It got with in 4-5 steps before it spooked. Evidently the phone was not recording. The video is from when it came back to see what i was. You can see the trail it was walking on right in front of the dead limb.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Yeah mark after he spooked from just a few feet away. The adrenaline hit just like i had shot him LOL!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
still pics

Attachments

• 20190928_105643.jpg
    20190928_105643.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20190928_105640.jpg
    20190928_105640.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 58

GAbullHunter

I took a bear last week on the rifle hunt but couldnt recover. I almost wish I would have had my camera instead of the gun atleast I could have hung the picture on the wall. Was a real bummer?. Good pictures love seeing em!

Rabun

Looked like a well worn trail. Always enjoy seeing bear pics and videos. Thanks for sharing.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Rabun,
The trail is worn to the dirt for several hundred yards were the ridge spine is narrowest. Oddly enough this is the first time i have seen an animal use it.

Last edited:

Rabun

Might want to hang a cam or two over it to get a feel for traffic patterns. Sounds like a productive area. Hope you get on one!

buckpasser

Cool video, thanks for sharing. He looks legal to me.

From a (hopefully) future bear hunter, how difficult is it to judge a legal bear vs under weight? Please explain what to look at for a complete greenhorn.

Latest posts