Belgium BLR value

bullgator

My nephew bought a Browning BLR .308 a few years back. It’s one of the Belgian models from the first 2-3 years before shifting production to Japan. He asked me to help him get a couple of things fixed on it. The spacers and screw that secure the forearm were missing as well as the barrel band was broken. I was able to get the forearm parts and secured it. Also, the end of the forearm has some cosmetic buggering. Apparently the Belgium barrel bands are particular to those three years of production, so I’m having a problem with that. Anyway, he’s inquired about putting it up for sale and wondered if he could get his $500 back. I’ve been told the Belgium magazine alone is now $400+. Any thoughts.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Have you checked Numrich? Quick glance showed mags for about $80, forearms were available. I don’t know about the band.

bullgator

Have you checked Numrich? Quick glance showed mags for about $80, forearms were available. I don’t know about the band.
I have checked them, along with Midwest Gun Works, Western Gun Parts, and Browning themselves. Browning was the one that said the rounded Belgian mags were $450.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Just looked up a NICE Belgian BLR made in '72. 18 photos showed one scratch in the stock, otherwise a beauty.

$1300.

With boogered up parts, missing pieces, and needing a magazine(?), well condition is everything.

My thoughts is just try to get the $500 back and move on, or fix it back up, keep it and use it.

It ain't gonna bring a premium price.

Jester896

Senior Clown

bunch of BLR parts there but I didn't see a barrel band

Blue Book I have says 80% is $525 so I don't see why he couldn't..my book is a couple years old

fauxferret

My nephew bought a Browning BLR .308 a few years back. It’s one of the Belgian models from the first 2-3 years before shifting production to Japan. He asked me to help him get a couple of things fixed on it. The spacers and screw that secure the forearm were missing as well as the barrel band was broken. I was able to get the forearm parts and secured it. Also, the end of the forearm has some cosmetic buggering. Apparently the Belgium barrel bands are particular to those three years of production, so I’m having a problem with that. Anyway, he’s inquired about putting it up for sale and wondered if he could get his $500 back. I’ve been told the Belgium magazine alone is now $400+. Any thoughts.
Please see the attached that's from the most recent bluebook for the Belgian MFR dates. If you can't find parts at the regular places call the staff at Jack First gun parts. Do not go by the inventory or listings on the website. They almost always have what parts I need or can point me in the direction of someone who does. They are also an authorized repair center for Beretta/Benelli and I think Browning as well.

Attachments

• BLR.jpg
    BLR.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 9

earlthegoat2

There was a Belgian 308 BLR for sale on a local site. Bit back for $800.

People were trying to choke each other out over the internet waves to be the one to get it.

With the missing parts, shouldn’t be too hard to get that money back.