Benton mackaye trail

Matt

I've trout fished the Toccoa for years, along with rock creek and coopers creek. We've always talked about hikin into swingin bridge on the Toccoa and settin up camp. looks like section 2 S to N from three forks to hwy 60 is the best bet. although we would cut it down to 8.3 miles and camp at swingin bridge. i know this area well, but pretty green to hiking, i've done alot of research of the trail and have got a decent pack set up, but I was lookin for some feedback from folks that have done this section of the BMT.
thanks

tr21

i have land on hwy 60 less than 1/2 mile from where the trail crosses.over the holiday's i hiked the trail to the swingin bridge every morning for over 6 weeks.it is a 7 mile rnd trip.great trail if your in real good shape try from hwy 60 to skeena gap rd,9 miles about 3.5 going straight up,man my legs were on fire and my knee hurt so bad i wanted to cry....

Matt

man, must be nice, I would love to have some land up there, it's beautiful, as long as it's not opening day on rock or coopers creek,::gone: everytime I go up there it is a nice reminder that all land isn't one big parking lot.
yeah i thought about comin in from the north from 60 looks like bout 3.5 miles to the bridge, should be a good entry level hike to test out the pack and all my gear. then i'll work up to skeena gap rd.
thanks

allenww

Benton McKaye - 3 forks to 60

I like it - its pretty and not crowded. But on that section,
there is little safety for your vehicle.

North from 3 forks, the toughest mile is after the Ami bridge to the top of that little mountain, but at least it is short.

Several campsites on the Ami, but one of the nicest is
just below and left of the northern bridge abutment.

If you don't want to face walkijng up the mountain to 60, just walk out the forest service road. It goes around.

wa

Bill Mc

Need I say more...

benton5.jpg

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
i have land on hwy 60 less than 1/2 mile from where the trail crosses.over the holiday's i hiked the trail to the swingin bridge every morning for over 6 weeks.it is a 7 mile rnd trip.great trail if your in real good shape try from hwy 60 to skeena gap rd,9 miles about 3.5 going straight up,man my legs were on fire and my knee hurt so bad i wanted to cry....

Dang neighbor. We ain’t but a couple miles apart.