Berrien county Alapaha river

Whitetailer

In the "Deer Hunting" section I posted a thread, "Jawbone Deer Age" to see if I could get a reasonable estimate of the age of the Buck I shot. A few biologists replied and aged the deer at 5.5 or older. Check it out. Bunch of pictures too.

Whitetailer

spearjunky

whitetailer

Buck chasing or should i say got the slip by a wise old doe boy when she left she flat Left but he didn't see her run off and gave my daughter enough time to drop him at a 120 yds wow she made a great shot it was a 6pt

Whitetailer

Way to go spearjunkie. congrats to your daughter. How old is she?

Where did this action take place? Food Plot? Clear cut? Hardwoods? Pines?

What do you have her shooting for a caliber?

Did it get cold up there?

Whitetailer.

spearjunky

Took place by a feeder by a pond he was grunting but paid me no mind when I grunted
She is 9 and loves hunting she shoot a ruger american compact in 7mm-08 with a Zeiss 3x9 a TAC driver at 100yds.O and it is cold today but blowing

Whitetailer

Terrific choice on caliber. I bought my son a model 7 Remington in 7mm-08 And he shot his first deer when he was nine y.o. He still shoots it and has grown from a little guy to 6'4" and 270 lbs..

Great to hear about her success.

Whitetailer

Whitetailer

No Rut Indicated here

Just got a call from a guy who was on the property from Thursday the 30th til Monday 3rd am. Said he saw lots of Doe and couple of small buck, as in fork horns. Views on this property are now long in the clear cuts and he said he saw deer moving that he did not get an ID on. In a clear cut he saw a deer he thought could be a shooter and believed it was an eight point at a distance of over 100 yards. In and out of the Dog Fennels the deer walked and he finally took the shot. It turned out to be a seven point and was not in any rut form. Hocks snow white and just feeding along. There will be two guys on the property the 5th. through the weekend. I will be up Nov. 9th. with my son arriving two days later.

Good Luck to all.

Whitetailer

Alapaha Skunk

Hunted all weekend, but it seems the deer were too interested in the FL-GA game. Thing about Berrien County, those cross-border FL deer can get uppity.

Attachments

• PRMS0254.jpg
    PRMS0254.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 630

DAWGsfan2

I hunt in (teeterville) its between Nashville and Lakeland.saturday the wind blew hard pretty much all day,but I managed to sit it out till 11am.seen nothing.sunday I sat till around lunch passed on a big bodied 4pt around 9am.found a few good rubs and im guessing from past experience things should be heating up soon.good luck guys!

sghoghunter

I hunted sun morning and saw a doe and yearling bout 7:30 and went back sat evening and didn't see anything. Lots of tracks but guess they still moving at night

Whitetailer

The second full moon after the Autumnal Equinox is the Rutting Moon. The Native Americans called it, "The Hunters Moon". That moon is Thursday the 6th. [today] From this full moon through the third-quarter moon the bucks will be in their seeking/chase phase! Rut suppressants may come into play to make it a soft rut and those would be warm temperature, to much human presence and baiting can alter the rut's chemistry and intensity.

Based on this area of study, the deer will be in rut for the next 8 to 10 days.

ON the positive side, it will be from cool to cold during that period:biggrin3:

I will be in the woods..........

Whitetailer

DAWGsfan2

The second full moon after the Autumnal Equinox is the Rutting Moon. The Native Americans called it, "The Hunters Moon". That moon is Thursday the 6th. [today] From this full moon through the third-quarter moon the bucks will be in their seeking/chase phase! Rut suppressants may come into play to make it a soft rut and those would be warm temperature, to much human presence and baiting can alter the rut's chemistry and intensity.

Based on this area of study, the deer will be in rut for the next 8 to 10 days.

ON the positive side, it will be from cool to cold during that period:biggrin3:

I will be in the woods..........

Whitetailer

thanks for the info,whitetailer.....goodtime to be in the woods.

Whitetailer

Got a text from a guy on the property that he was watching a doe and a small buck ran out of the woods and chased her. It HAS to be going on NOW.

I will be there Sunday for a week.

Whitetailer