Bjork named Buck's AD

ddavis1120

Ross Bjork jumped from Texas A&M AD to Ohio State AD. Some people, like Bjork and Todd Grantham seem to be able to get a promotion no matter how bad they mess up. I understand the Peter principle in management but I'm going to name this phenomenon the Homer Simpson principle and it makes no sense to me.

What do the local Buckeyes think? Hope Day works out or Bjork's next screw up could cost your program nine figures!

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Ross Bjork jumped from Texas A&M AD to Ohio State AD. Some people, like Bjork and Todd Grantham seem to be able to get a promotion no matter how bad they mess up. I understand the Peter principle in management but I'm going to name this phenomenon the Homer Simpson principle and it makes no sense to me.

What do the local Buckeyes think? Hope Day works out or Bjork's next screw up could cost your program nine figures!
I don’t really think anything about it. tOSU could have had most anybody the wanted and they picked Bjork.

bullgator

And Strickland is a top candidate for the aTm AD job.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I don’t really think anything about it. tOSU could have had most anybody the wanted and they picked Bjork.
They picked bjork..... Hahaha. Maybe y'all are a Lil older than me but I grew up watching MTV and laughing at bjork, the Icelandic singer who was horrible and strange.

Madsnooker

I dont know anything about him. At first I thought it was a bad hire thinking he is the one that hired Fisher. Then I found out he didn't hire Fisher but he did give him the big contract extension. But all accounts are the Big boosters at A&M were behind it. It didnt take long for Bjorn to fire Fisher and hire Mike Elko. It sounds like Bjorn was looking to move on becuase of the boosters there.

Check out this excerpt from Dave Biddle in his article on Bucknuts on how bad the boosters are there:

Eric Hyman, A&M’s athletic director during its first five years in the SEC, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in 2017 that he had “nothing to do” with a contract extension given to coach Kevin Sumlin at the end of 2013. “The contract was given to me, and it was, ‘This is what we are going to do,’” Hyman said. “I had no say over it.”

Bottom line is, like guth said, they could hire who they wanted. A committee narrowed it down to 3 candidates for President Carter and after he spoke with Greg Sankey, who gave Bjork a very positive endorsement, Carter hired him. I have no idea if he's a good hire or not?

Latest posts