Blackstone burner issue

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I was gifted a used Blackstone a while back. I really like it but it doesn’t seem like the burners are working properly. They do not ever burn High/Hot enough to really put a good sear on anything! I’ve adjusted the cooktop as close to the flame as I can get it and that didn’t make any difference. Have any of you had this problem before? Is there a way to maybe blow out the lines in case there may be some debris in the lines blocking the gas flow?

tr21

I've had mine since 2019 and it's had a lot of use. still working like new. have you tried a different propane bottle ?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I was gifted a used Blackstone a while back. I really like it but it doesn’t seem like the burners are working properly. They do not ever burn High/Hot enough to really put a good sear on anything! I’ve adjusted the cooktop as close to the flame as I can get it and that didn’t make any difference. Have any of you had this problem before? Is there a way to maybe blow out the lines in case there may be some debris in the lines blocking the gas flow?

Yours is probably OK. It just takes a while to get the cooktop hot.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Yours is probably OK. It just takes a while to get the cooktop hot.
Well, I cooked on a buddy of mine’s and it was hot in just a few minutes. I’ve let mine heat up for over half an hour and it still wouldn’t produce crispy bacon for anything! Food just kinda slowly simmers at best!

specialk

Blue flame, no yellow?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Well, I cooked on a buddy of mine’s and it was hot in just a few minutes. I’ve let mine heat up for over half an hour and it still wouldn’t produce crispy bacon for anything! Food just kinda slowly simmers at best!

Yeah, you got a problem. It might be your regulator. I had to replace mine.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would guess it's the regulator. Mine is old as dirt, and I'm usually cooking with it turned down most of the way to keep it from getting too hot.

slow motion

I don't have one so it's a guess but if not the regulator and the burners are similar to a propane grill maybe check where the air flows in and mixes with the propane. Maybe restricted by a spider web or debris of some kind.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Blood just a long shot but, what’s the chance that you need to replace natural gas jets with propane ones?

Mars

This may not be the problem with yours but my dad has an issue with his not getting enough gas unless he very slowly opens the tank valve. I've have not had that problem with mine. It gets real hot real fast.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have one so it's a guess but if not the regulator and the burners are similar to a propane grill maybe check where the air flows in and mixes with the propane. Maybe restricted by a spider web or debris of some kind.
Or a mud dauber nest.

OLE ROD

I have to open my tank valve very slow also, or it won’t heat up.
Something in the regulator I guess.
Try that it could be the issue?