Boat Title in Georgia - Help an idiot

If you can throw me a bone on a boat title in GA I would appreciate it.
Here is the situation. I bought a boat a few years ago from North Carolina.
I registered it with GA. I have numbers and it also says E-titled.
Now I am wanting to sell it but I never got a title (if there is such a thing) in GA or in my name.
I just have the NC title and where it was signed over to me.
I have generated the GADNR bill of sale from the GADNR website.
But now the buyer and myself are wondering if I need to get a title made.
Maybe from tax commissioner?

All you experienced boat buyers please share some of your knowledge.
And yes this was my first boat purchase. Sorry for the ignorance.

KKrueger

Unless something has changed I don't believe boats in GA need to be titled. I would keep that NC paperwork with the boat though if it ever moves to a state where titles are a thing. The most I have ever had to do is track paperwork back to the last person in GA who had it registered.

littlejon

You can get a paper copy of your e-title mailed to you by going onto the GA DNR website. It's a small fee and very easy. GA now does an electronic filing of titles which is much easier than keeping paper copies of all the registered boats in the State.

greg_n_clayton

Unless something has changed I don't believe boats in GA need to be titled. I would keep that NC paperwork with the boat though if it ever moves to a state where titles are a thing. The most I have ever had to do is track paperwork back to the last person in GA who had it registered.
This

littlejon

It changed a couple years ago. Once you register your boat or have a current registration it will be assigned an e-title. They will NOT send you a paper copy unless you pay the fee and request one. I would suggest anyone to have the paper one on hand since Ga is a state that titles boats now.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Call the DNR. They can tell you everything your need to know.

1-800-366-2661