Booked a Trip

gunnurse

March 29- April 2. B&B with trout stream on site, then bound for The Dream Stream- The South Platte.

Please note that credit for this photo goes to Coloradotrouthunters.com.

Attachments

• C6D7439D-5B48-47F6-8E0D-D47AABEC76A5.png
    C6D7439D-5B48-47F6-8E0D-D47AABEC76A5.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Cmp1

BANNED
Pretty,,,,the fish too,,,,? ? ? ?
Caught me a huge Brown here, while catfishing,,,,on a crawler in a deep hole on a Santee rig,,,,I'm guessing at least 20 lbs,,,,jumped at least 6 times trying to reel him in,,,,busted my line around 15 ft from the dock,,,,

Wifeshusband

Good for you. Guys with envy here. I don't have the money to go very far, about as far as the French Broad in NC. I have to save all year to take a salt water trip.
Be sure and send some pictures for us guys who will never make the trip.

gunnurse

I have to justify the trip by saying I’m going trout fishing in Colorado when I’m actually going to visit my daughter. I’m just lucky enough to have a daughter who lives out there.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
Nice, I love the South Platte, dress warm, it can snow and be rather cold that time of year, I got snowed on on the South Platte two years ago in June, that was a late storm though and not the norm.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good for you. Guys with envy here. I don't have the money to go very far, about as far as the French Broad in NC. I have to save all year to take a salt water trip.
I'd love to go out west fishing, probably will never get to, for the same reason. I drive over the French Broad five days a week. Pretty good smallmouth and musky fishing.

gunnurse

We drove to Asheville to visit the Biltmore House. Driving back and being that close to the French Broad and all that beautiful water hurt my heart that I have never fished it.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I’m just glad it’s healed up according to NCH. It was once a pretty toxic brew.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Sounds like a great trip BTW! Share pics when you get back!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’m just glad it’s healed up according to NCH. It was once a pretty toxic brew.
It's much better than it used to be. They're even restocking lake sturgeon. It used to have paddlefish, too. I live beside the Pigeon, and I've watched it go from a black, stinking, foamy carp-and-goldfish inhabited cesspool back to a good smallmouth stream over the last couple decades. They still have some work to do on it, but it's a million times better than it used to be.