Briar Mt. Sugar

Hillbilly stalker

Took my BM Judge pup out this morning. It was windy and cold. She had a good morning, made 9 trees and caught 7 on the outside. She got her 1st set of book ends ( fox squirrels).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    512.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 94

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Took my BM Judge pup out this morning. It was windy and cold. She had a good morning, made 9 trees and caught 7 on the outside. She got her 1st set of book ends ( fox squirrels).
What breed is she?

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I have a light yellow brindle male (castrated). My dog is helping keep the squirrels from eating up my pecans. He is really a fine dog. Yes he's an Original Mountain Cur.

Hillbilly stalker

The black one was a young male who' s running gears hadn't dropped yet, the other was a sow.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fine looking pup, and a good mess of squirrels!
I've yet to ever see a wild fox squirrel in over 50 years of being in the woods.

Hillbilly stalker

They’es a lot of them around McCormick and Abbyville if that’s near your place in SC

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s one fine looking dog.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Heck yeah. I took some young squirrels to arkansas last weekend and fried em up for the boys in camp. Let about half of em cook in the gravy. Purple hulls and rice and gravy. Could not have been a better meal on earth at the time

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Heck yeah. I took some young squirrels to arkansas last weekend and fried em up for the boys in camp. Let about half of em cook in the gravy. Purple hulls and rice and gravy. Could not have been a better meal on earth at the time
You've got me convinced about that meal,excuse me a second-I had to wipe the drool before it got on the desk.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They’es a lot of them around McCormick and Abbyville if that’s near your place in SC
I'm just outside of McCormick in the Willington area. In 15+ years of hunting all over down there, I've yet to see one. My buddy down there says they're there, but usually just in certain places, mostly mature pines. Gray squirrels, now? Millions of them.

Wayne D Davis

Going to do a little turkey scouting/ squirrel hunting tomorrow. Saw more fox squirrels this past deer season than I ever have. I may take one for mounting but really want a few of the greys for the skillet. And figure out where the birds are hangin out.