Bucks grouping again?

Taxman

Was at a friends cabin in Tattnall County GA this morning and saw a group of
3 bucks feeding. Big 8, 6 and yearling 4. Rut is fairly early down here and
they looked robust and rested.

smackdown51

I saw 4 3year old bucks together Saturday in Forsyth county. Thought it odd them traveling and feeding together.

Jim Boyd

Was at a friends cabin in Tattnall County GA this morning and saw a group of
3 bucks feeding. Big 8, 6 and yearling 4. Rut is fairly early down here and
they looked robust and rested.

Glad they are healthy and well.

Ours look ok, with some fat still on and in them.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I saw 3 bucks come through my yard Saturday evening…..just hanging out. Up here in Kentucky I saw a buck chasing two does, then a buck followed that trail nose to ground 45 minutes later last night…..yes I’m back in KY! Supposed to be does not bread going back into heat…..

wm742

We've seen 2 of my bigger bucks hanging together in one field with a smaller guy, and then our oldest buck in the next field about 50 yards away. Then there is a very small head of woods before the next field that all my does were hanging out in. 9 am 2 days after Thanksgiving.

Deernut3

My trail cams are showing bucks grouping again, still sparring but together. One property has 4 to 6 smaller bucks another has 3 with one being a sure enough shooter. It seems they are grouping kind of by age or size.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yep, since about the 1st of December on my place. I've got a couple of forkhorn 4 points that have been tussling with each other all season long. They are still at it but the older boys are focused on the clover which they have just about gnawed down to the dirt.

I got some secondary rut action going on but it's sparse and all of it is at night.