C.J. Stroud is the best rookie qb in the NFL

Arrow3

I'll admit that I hadn't paid much attention to Stroud until the game against UGA when he played his butt off. I felt like after that , he was better then Bryce Young and should go #1. I've watched him play 3 games so far this year and he is playing really good to be a rookie. He make break the mold of bad qbs from Ohio State in the NFL.

They really should've beat the Falcons this past week.

SpotandStalk

I'll admit that I hadn't paid much attention to Stroud until the game against UGA when he played his butt off. I felt like after that , he was better then Bryce Young and should go #1. I've watched him play 3 games so far this year and he is playing really good to be a rookie. He make break the mold of bad qbs from Ohio State in the NFL.

They really should've beat the Falcons this past week.

He seems to be a good dude off the field as well. Good for him

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I agree ! Not so sure they should’ve beat the Falcons though . Kinda like Ga , could’ve and should’ve counts as a L

Madsnooker

Stroud is the best pure passer to ever play at OSU although Dwayne Haskins was a close second. It's to bad he left this world before we could see what he could do in the NFL. The reason these 2 are the most recent is because OSU has its first ever QB friendly coach with regards to throwing the ball. All the other coaches were run first guys.

Stroud was good enough to win a NC title but his timing at OSU was a year off as last year OSU fielded one of its worst defensive backfields in recent memory. According to Day Stroud studied tape more then any QB he has ever been around. And was relentless in his pursuit of perfection with the game plan as well as his ball placement.

Last edited:

tcward

Stroud is the best pure passer to ever play at OSU although Deayne Haskins was a close second. It's to bad he left this world before we could see what he could do in the NFL. The reason these 2 are the most recent is because OSU has its first ever QB friendly coach with regards to throwing the ball. All the other coaches were run first guys.

Stroud was good enough to win a NC title but his timing at OSU was a year off as last year OSU fielded one of its worst defensive backfields in recent memory. According to Day Stroud studied tape more then any QB he has ever been around. And was relentless in his pursuit of perfection with the game plan as well as his ball placement.
And……

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Would be nice if the Falcons could have gotten him but he seems like too nice of a guy and too good of a QB to play fo da atl....

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I had my doubts after his first preseason game. He looked scared but he looks like he is getting it together. He is definitely the best rookie QB so far

The kid is a baller. Once he gets his feet on the ground in the NFL he's likely to set records.

westcobbdog

He is an outstanding qb. An example of high risk that is now paying a high reward. The TX can build around a solid qb. Not sold on Ritter and hoping the falcons go for a qb next draft.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Don't know if anyone watched today but CJ threw for 5 TD's and 470 yards setting a new rookie QB record. He is a sho nuff NFL QB and that's with a shot up offensive line. If the Texans get him some more protection and a running game, he's going to have a long successful career.

Arrow3

He has a bright future in the NFL. Those guys are young and hungry.

antharper

Staff member
Really liked his speech after the game

antharper

Staff member
I didn’t stay up to see that. I did see their first play from scrimmage. 75 yard TD. Too bad he didn’t stay another year at tOSU. The bucks would be playing tonight no doubt
I don’t doubt that ! But what makes you so sure they would have beat Michigan ? I don’t really keep up with either but when is the last time OSU beat them

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I don’t doubt that ! But what makes you so sure they would have beat Michigan ? I don’t really keep up with either but when is the last time OSU beat them
The buckeye defense was much better this year and stroud would have had another season under his belt. I sure would have liked to have seen that matchup but we’ll never know. The bucks have lost 3 in a row. They play in Columbus this year. I read UM is losing 44 seniors plus some juniors leaving. If hairball goes to the NFL I suspect there will be a mass exodus. That should bode well for us breaking that streak