Cale Yarborough passes away

Redbow

RIP Cale Yarborough at one time he had a Honda dealership in Florence SC when the Wife and I lived there.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I lost a friend last summer that grew up with Cale. Rusty and Cale would do typical teenage kids things on their daddy's farms. Rusty was over one day, and Cale's dad told the to go get the cows up and into another pasture. Rusty drove a pickup truck and they were having problems with one cow that didn't want to cooperate with them. Cale decided to bulldog that cow off the running board of the old pickup truck. Rusty drove it right up beside the cow and Cale baled off the running board. He missed the cow and face planted right there in the middle of the pasture. Rusty said they didn't get that cow up that day.

RIP Cale, I hope you and Rusty get to relive some old times together

Liberty

He was my favorite growing up watching racing after church.

MudDucker

Staff member
I got to know Cale at Daytona. I was just a kid, but he was nice and showed me around the car. Turns out he knew one of my great uncles who was into the unlicensed liquor business. Cale said he got his training running shine in the hills of North Carolina.

Later as a teenager, a group of us got a motorhome in the infield. Petty spun Cale out and at the end of the race Cale got out of his car and chase Petty through the infield swearing to kill him. It was hillarious to those of us watching, but if you had seen Petty's face, he wasn't laughing.

RIP big dog of racing.