Caught a big shad

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Congrats,

It is uncanny how much a skip jack or hickory shad look like a miniature Tarpon. The jump like them too when hooked.

Silver Bullet

Nice, at what depth were you finding them and were you seeing them prior to casting? I am a fly fisherman hence my questions.

This fish was caught blind casting. It is possible to throw at individual fish in water ranging from 6-8 feet. The only problem is that sometimes they are in nice tight schools. Other times, they are spread out over a large area. Some days, they are blasting everything. Other days, they are just loafing.
sb

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
This fish was caught blind casting. It is possible to throw at individual fish in water ranging from 6-8 feet. The only problem is that sometimes they are in nice tight schools. Other times, they are spread out over a large area. Some days, they are blasting everything. Other days, they are just loafing.
sb
Thanks for the info.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Man, that makes ya wanna go right there. Nice. This N FL rain will have the water messed up for 2 weeks! :mad:

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
Man, that makes ya wanna go right there. Nice. This N FL rain will have the water messed up for 2 weeks! :mad:
No kidding, week before last I fished for Tarpon down in Wakulla Co. Friday morning saw 30 to 40 with around 8 shots and got two to eat flies and jumped one. Right around lunch time the wind kicked in and did not see another fish. Saturday morning saw one but did not get a shot and then the rain and lightning kicked in around lunch time. I saw someone with a RedHills shirt on at Shell Island Saturday during the rain storm, was wondering if that was you since I see you post a lot about staying there.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
No kidding, week before last I fished for Tarpon down in Wakulla Co. Friday morning saw 30 to 40 with around 8 shots and got two to eat flies and jumped one. Right around lunch time the wind kicked in and did not see another fish. Saturday morning saw one but did not get a shot and then the rain and lightning kicked in around lunch time. I saw someone with a RedHills shirt on at Shell Island Saturday during the rain storm, was wondering if that was you since I see you post a lot about staying there.

Nope..not this time. Probably one of the "Motorsports" or the local Quail Unlimited gang.