CFP to expand to12 teams

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
4? Who? Kentucky and Arkansas?:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'd put em up against the Fighting Hairballs. They obviously can't handle top tier SEC competition so mebbe they'll do do better against 2nd tier SEC competition. After all they are Tosu's Daddy.

benellisbe

This is all about $$$. If you look at end of season rankings... 1 group of 5 team. Final CFP rankings... 1 group of 5 team. Same team of course and they got blasted in the playoffs. I know the score was closer than UGA VS MI but it could have been a lot worse. I am glad, as a fan, we will get more ball games. But can we stop scheduling cupcakes and play a 10 or 11 game season instead? Who wants to watch UGA play Sam Houston or OSU play Toledo? Every big time team does it...

On the flip side, I love my GA Southern Eagles and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them take UGA into OT or putting 200+ yards on Bama, but they are rarely competitive games. They also make a good pay day to play P5 teams. At least stop scheduling FCS teams.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
This is all about $$$. If you look at end of season rankings... 1 group of 5 team. Final CFP rankings... 1 group of 5 team. Same team of course and they got blasted in the playoffs. I know the score was closer than UGA VS MI but it could have been a lot worse. I am glad, as a fan, we will get more ball games. But can we stop scheduling cupcakes and play a 10 or 11 game season instead? Who wants to watch UGA play Sam Houston or OSU play Toledo? Every big time team does it...

On the flip side, I love my GA Southern Eagles and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them take UGA into OT or putting 200+ yards on Bama, but they are rarely competitive games. They also make a good pay day to play P5 teams. At least stop scheduling FCS teams.
The big quit scheduling fcs awhile ago. Big10 and big 12 play 9 conference teams and usually another power 5 team. The dawgs HAVE been playing 10 p5 schools the last few years. Of course one of those is tech:rofl:

benellisbe

The big quit scheduling fcs awhile ago. Big10 and big 12 play 9 conference teams and usually another power 5 team. The dawgs HAVE been playing 10 p5 schools the last few years. Of course one of those is tech:rofl:

Come on Snook... Outside of today, does OSU have any real competition for the next 3 weeks? I agree about UGA playing way down but I wish the CFP would day we don't count wins against non P5 schools.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Oregon was ranked 11. The voters thought they were worthy of a spot in week 1.

Rankings are about as import as milk giving glands on boar hogs until the end.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
12 team playoff is a bad idea. imo
You pull for Tech. That's a bad idea imo! Look at the bright side, even with 12 teams your team will never make it.:rofl:

huntersluck

You pull for Tech. That's a bad idea imo! Look at the bright side, even with 12 teams your team will never make it.:rofl:

I am not tech fan never said I was ,you did but I wouldn’t expect nothing more from you than to talk about something you know nothing about. ABG

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I am not tech fan never said I was ,you did but I wouldn’t expect nothing more from you than to talk about something you know nothing about. ABG

If I was a Techie, I would never openly admit it either. So, I see your dilemma.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Guarantee the conference champion from each conference gets in

When Vandy can hang 50 on someone it‘s indicative of the quality this concept will bring to the Championship.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
While I’m fine with a 12 team playoff, the reality is the top four teams will rise to the top and it will be just like we now have. In football, the top 4 (really the top 2) are usually miles better than the rest!

James12

I think you’ll see these top teams back off these hard schedules. They’re wanting those now so a loss isn’t so bad and still gets them in (cough cough). But, now everyone can play a big ten or acc/pac schedule and get in if undefeated. The problem is, there is going to be a dozen Cincys and UCFs wanting in now.

James12

Wait… are you saying the big 10 plays a tougher schedule? Outside of the end of November match up, with the occasional PSU and MSU, the closest thing is like a vandy or Mizz in comparison.