Charles Daly auto ?

SHMELTON

Banned
I had a buddy who had a pump and he had to dend it back because the firing pin was screwed up. My wife has a youth model, and she loves it. I've seen it take a few ducks down. The good thing about Charles Daly is it has an unlimited lifetime warranty as long as you own the gun. If you are going to by a cheap auto, by a mossberg or a stoeger. People will disagree with me about the stoeger, but I have had no problem with mine, and I prolly put 8,000 rounds through it in the past 2 yrs.

I really thought hard about a Stoeger after I gave away the Davey Crocket. I was told that stoeger has the same action and part as Benelli. I wanted to be sure that I didn't flush anymore money down the toilet so I bought the SBE II. That's just me. I would recommend shorting your learning curve and spend the money. But there again if your looking for something you can throw in the bottom of the boat, I'd go with the stoeger. I do have trouble throwing that SBE around in the boat and mud.

Last edited:

clent586

The Daly auto sucks!! By a Mossberg 935 for a dollar or two more.

wingding

Four duck seasons on my stoeger 2000 and no problems. Got to be the easiest auto to clean and stays clean.

throwdown

It has to be the biggest piece of garbage ever built. I'll second the Stoeger, trust me you will be much happier.

SHMELTON

Banned
Duck guns are ment to be tools not, show pieces at the dove shoots. That is another reason I went with the Stoeger.

jdgator

I've had a daly 20 guage auto for two duck seasons without any problems, and I've dropped it in the drink twice. That will happen when you wade through enough beaver ponds...

huntingonthefly

Gone but not forgotten
Borrowed one from my cuz- plastic trigger and all- limited out on turkeys in the last week but not after shucking a second or third shell in because the firing pin barely puts a ding in 'em. Thank GOD the turkeys stood there long enuff!

hershey21

My wife has one and she hunts duck, turkey and doves with hers and the only problem shes had is sometimes the shells don't cycle in. Hers is a 20 ga.

GATREE

i have sbe i got in 98 i have wore the blueing of the barrel its been in mud inthe bottom of swamps it is a tool not a dove feild show piece:shoot: