club rules

HOG-HEAD

i was wondering what rule your club has put in effect , that impacts dog hunting and its future....what i mean is a rule to keep dogs of other peoples property and such , or bounderies...yall know what i mean..lets hear them

HOG-HEAD

no guest with dogs

we put that rule in effect this year , we have 7 dogmen and we are responsible for the drives and placing standers, and we take pride in keeping the dogs where they belong....we all know that the wrong person , with the wrong dogs can make a mess....we also run beagles where we need to and bigger dogs where we need them

grouper throat

We give some of the adjoining land owners free memberships. We don't have much trouble anyway on 99,000 continous acres. Most of the adjoining land owners run dogs too.

Shock train them and there's not many worries either that they'll go where they don't belong. We routinely run small 40-80 acre blocks (totaling 1,100 acres) between private land and a management area bordered by the highway. It's like shooting fish in a barrel because not many want to hunt it.

HOG-HEAD

we also use gps and all of our dogmen run shock collars , that has changed alot of it ,especially with the dog controll

simpleman30

thankfully, our club is situated in the middle of 125,000+ acres of fellow deer-dog clubs. other clubs' dogs come on our land, our dogs go on their land, but we don't worry about it. at night, everyone rides everyone else's land looking for and tracking dogs. we don't stop the hunt to catch a dog that's leaving our property. if a dog goes on into another club, oh well... we'll catch it later. the other club may kill the deer and catch our dogs for us. that's just how it works. however, as big as our club and the surrounding clubs land is, the dogs still venture onto still hunting clubs. despite our best efforts, it happens, but that's just the way it goes. we do not go on other people's property without there being an agreement or relationship, but even so, we do not hunt on anyone's property but our own leased land. most dogs will eventually work their way home or someone will catch it and call us. our biggest problem is local idiots hunting our land while we're not down there.

HOG-HEAD

jeffwuz , there are always goin to be difficult situations , i can only speak for our club, we invite neighbors and land owners to hunt with us and offer free tracking services for them, we have some sensitive areas on our club,,we have boundries that everyone understands that if the dogs go past this point , the hunt is over , and we start catching the dogs , absolutely no shooting....we also set up dogmen to back up the standers to make sure the dogs dont get through to someone elses property....we hold evryone acountable for the dogs , kinda like i use my dogs to run you a deer and in return , you help me catch the dogs....our standers are the best a club could hope for,,they really help us alot catching and controling the dogs.....in your situation i would try to get in touch with the club president and try to work out a solution that would help both sides get along.....evry club is different , but if you cant come to an agreement, the dnr can help i promise....we have 3000 acres of 13000 that we dont run beacause it borders some sensitive property,, so ther is always a solution for both sides,,,,,and at the risk of fines and loosing permits , they should be willing to co-operate.....both sides may have to give some to make it work.....good luck to all.....hope you guys can resolve it soon

swamp hunter

My Club has 9 Thousand Acres set aside for Still Hunting only.
Thats Land that borders Private Inholdings.
I,m a Still Hunter only , And My 5 Acres is part of that border.
Every now and then the Dogs will come thru at My Property .
I grab the Shotgun and go lookin...First hopin a Buck will run by. Then if I can I,ll catch the Dogs and call the Owners. No Problem for Me , But some of the other Landowners get all bent.

swamp hunter

On a side Note.. How come a Still Hunter is readin the Dog Hunt Forum... Well I like to hear a good Chase too !!

grouper throat

Hey Swamp Hunter they were having problems with some woman for several years complaining after she bought some 5-10 acre parcel in the MIDDLE of Sandhill. Signs up everywhere (sure you've seen them) HUNTING on Right of Way LEGAL and she complained all the time about the dogs running and other stuff. Most of the deputies and LE got tired of dealing with her and told her there was nothing illegal about it and basically it was all of our tradition in these parts so get use to it.

Then she complained dogs were on her property (which was fenced by a 5 ft field fence) and the club caves in and buys her a big nice fence to shut her up. Turns out all she wanted was a dang new fence at the club's expense... it ticked me and alot of other members off royally. Don't know if you remember that? That was one of the reasons I dropped out that year.

swamp hunter

Now the Clubs gonna put up a Fence round some Fella thats got a Junk yard.
Seems when the Dogs get on a Hog Scent.. All the Hogs keep running to the Junkyard.
course the Owner traps and sells the Hogs so He,s fine , Members ain,t real happy bout it.

Latest posts