Constitutional Carry and you?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Will the new law change anything for you with regard to carrying a gun??

For me, it's a no. I will continue to do as I have always done. I carry, and I don't care if folks know it or not. On the street my concealment effort stops at trying to pass a casual glance.

In my neck of the woods, gun carrying is so common that it doesn't raise an eyebrow anyway.

I hope the good, gun carrying folk in the liberal areas turn out in droves to overflow their frantic little minds with high doses of iron exposure...:LOL:

Dub

No sir, the new law will have no effect on how I go about things.

I carry every day.

I always carry concealed with the exception being when hunting & using OWB or chest holsters.

That being said...I don't worry with overkill from cover garments.
I'll simply slide an IWB holster on and leave my shirt untucked. Usually have spare mags on weak side in belt carriers beneath shirt.

Waddams

I have no guns. I never carry. Nevermind the weapons license. ;-)

Seriously, permit needed or constitutional carry, if I've got mine, it's on my hip, just behind 3 o'clock position, and it's concealed. i've got a kydex tuckable IWB holster it rides in.

i've also got an OWB holster for another pistol i don't conceal carry, it goes with me on my belt sometimes when i'm out in the woods.

frankwright

I never saw a need for Constitutional Carry other to beat your chest and say I don't need a paper to let me carry.
You lose Reciprocity with other states and you have to do a back ground check when buying a new gun and hope that the computer system isn't down.
No difference for me!

bullgator

The best part of Con Carry is that a concealed gun that is accidentally exposed won’t get the person in trouble.

Tblank

I never saw a need for Constitutional Carry other to beat your chest and say I don't need a paper to let me carry.
You lose Reciprocity with other states and you have to do a back ground check when buying a new gun and hope that the computer system isn't down.
No difference for me!
Do you see a need for permit carry?

transfixer

I will continue to renew my permit , I've had it for 40yrs this June, I almost never buy a new gun from a dealer, so the instant buy, no background check thing doesn't matter much to me. I do value the reciprocity with other states though, I live and work in an area where OWB carry is an oddity,, but I've always carried concealed unless I'm in the woods,, I value the element of surprise if I'm ever in a situation to need to use it. I think we'll see some instances of accidents, mainly people dropping guns, guns falling out of holsters,, etc,etc,, if people start carrying more now that con carry is legalized,, mostly because your average Joe will go buy one of those flimsy $10-$15 nylon holsters to carry on their belt,, which is ridiculous,, and when stuff like that happens the news and anti gunners will be all over it,, trying to say " I told you so ! "

bullgator

I don't understand this. You can carry open or concealed
I’m in Florida. Our CCW permit allows you to carry concealed only. Open carry is only allowed in certain situations. One of the stipulations of concealed carry is that the weapon must remain concealed. That means if another person can detect it, you’re in violation of your permit. That means if you have a tight t-shirt that allows it to “print”, or you reach for something on the top shelf at the grocery store and it becomes temporarily exposed......you can lose your CCW permit. The initial push for open or constitutional carry was to help correct unintended displays of a weapon as a means to revoke a CCW.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I’m in Florida. Our CCW permit allows you to carry concealed only. Open carry is only allowed in certain situations. One of the stipulations of concealed carry is that the weapon must remain concealed. That means if another person can detect it, you’re in violation of your permit. That means if you have a tight t-shirt that allows it to “print”, or you reach for something on the top shelf at the grocery store and it becomes temporarily exposed......you can lose your CCW permit. The initial push for open or constitutional carry was to help correct unintended displays of a weapon as a means to revoke a CCW.

I've got a Bro in Florida who tells me that they can be pretty serious about this too, depending on who complains and where you are...

That would change things somewhat.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
Gotcha, glad it ain't like that here. Heck I think it's a right of passage to open carry in Walmart.

transfixer

Gotcha, glad it ain't like that here. Heck I think it's a right of passage to open carry in Walmart.

LOL,,,, yeah, I think so too, I haven't been in a Walmart in over 3yrs, but I remember seeing a guy in his 30's, carrying a full size 1911 in a flea market nylon holster with a buckle down strap, every time he took a step the pistol flopped up and down,, looked so ridiculous I busted out laughing,,

Johnny 71

Junebug
So does a person still have to have the permit to carry on forestry land ? This is one of the main reasons I got a permit so many years ago