Cook County Middle Schools "No Talking"

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Indoctrination to be good little drones. Dystopia future?

We are living in a Dystopian society now...most do not realize it.

pjciii

I can not imagine what they think that they are doing or teaching with this rule. I am sure it works for the CCP.

turkeykirk

Do they make the students face the wall when the Principal and Teachers walk by? :biggrin2:

leroy

We have a number of bus drivers that have no talking busses, ones that can pull it off i have to admit its nice. I have always been able to control mine in that they talk but not screaming, yelling etc, some drivers ,usually women, busses are complete chaos, yelling, screaming, running up and down aisle, jumping over seats, crazzyyyyy.

leroy

Sounds like it was out of control, they've used this to gain some control back and now are going to ease it back. Wonder if there was a change in administration. As someone said it starts at home the lack of discipline these days is astounding.

Redbow

I experienced this in grade school back in the 50's here in NC nothing new to me. Also stand in the corner with your nose to the wall or stand in front of the class until the teacher told us to sit down again. Not many wanted to hear the dreaded words go straight to the Principal's office and tell him what you did, if you don't do what I tell you will get a good paddling.

pjciii

I experienced this in grade school back in the 50's here in NC nothing new to me. Also stand in the corner with your nose to the wall or stand in front of the class until the teacher told us to sit down again. Not many wanted to hear the dreaded words go straight to the Principal's office and tell him what you did, if you don't do what I tell you will get a good paddling.
And the ones that threw erasers were good at it.

Redbow

And the ones that threw erasers were good at it.
Yes they were, and a sharp crack on top of your head with a pencil for sleeping in class. One of our teachers had a small paddle, she would bend you hand back and paddle the palm of your hand for misbehaving, that hurt like the devil.

pjciii

We have a number of bus drivers that have no talking busses, ones that can pull it off i have to admit its nice. I have always been able to control mine in that they talk but not screaming, yelling etc, some drivers ,usually women, busses are complete chaos, yelling, screaming, running up and down aisle, jumping over seats, crazzyyyyy.
As bad as school district's need drivers this is the exact reason that will not go and do that as a part time person.

Core Lokt

Yes they were, and a sharp crack on top of your head with a pencil for sleeping in class. One of our teachers had a small paddle, she would bend you hand back and paddle the palm of your hand for misbehaving, that hurt like the devil.
That was all because you were bad and deserved it :LOL:

Not allowing the entire school to not talk at lunch or between classes is a little far fetched. Discipline the trouble kids not everyone.

basshappy

BANNED
This is a public school, and the administration is doing the exact opposite of what they need to do. Punish all for the actions of a few.

Parents need to wake up and start parenting at home, including "THE LIFE ILITY FOUNDATION": ACCOUNTABILITY,
CIVILITY,
HUMILITY,
RELIABILITY,
RESPECTABILITY,
RESPONSIBILITY,

Starts and ends at home. Product of your environment.

Better behaved students require less military like rules.

sinclair1

This is a public school, and the administration is doing the exact opposite of what they need to do. Punish all for the actions of a few.

Parents need to wake up and start parenting at home, including "THE LIFE ILITY FOUNDATION": ACCOUNTABILITY,
CIVILITY,
HUMILITY,
RELIABILITY,
RESPECTABILITY,
RESPONSIBILITY,

Starts and ends at home. Product of your environment.

Better behaved students require less military like rules.
Yep, the little kid that can’t shut his mouth is honing his career skills. Most of our cutups in school are the successful ones today.
Plus you need to work on your pick up moves in the hall while your young or you will live an unhappy life married to an ugly wife :bounce:

LTZ25

My wife who was one of the nicest ladies ever , drove a special needs bus in Fayette county for 10 years , she loved those kids but people just don't know how tuff a job that is . Driving a school bus is a job where NO BODY has your back .

leroy

That was all because you were bad and deserved it :LOL:

Not allowing the entire school to not talk at lunch or between classes is a little far fetched. Discipline the trouble kids not everyone.
There in is the problem there is not much disipline they can do that will deter alot of these delinquents these days. Need to go back when they would lift your feet off the ground with a paddle, but thats not happening.

BassRaider

"We are the Borg. Existence, as you know it, is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."