Cool find

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what that is, but it's a cool find.

Hillbilly stalker

I took it out in the sunshine today. I’m thinking it might have been a war club. If it was a tool I don’t think they would have worked one end to a point of that shape. It was found within a mile of a granite quarry, I don’t think it’s granite. It has 3 or four rings worn around it like it was tied to something. We have a local rock Doc at the Native American center I mite run it past if I can catch up with him.7C5B68F3-465F-4658-85E8-8A0894BCEA97.jpeg957FB7ED-D6F2-433E-81A6-7A7E162A8E96.jpegAC0D016B-B0F4-421D-8227-AA3A83D75AB1.jpeg

Redbow

Never have seen an artifact like that one but would surely love to know what it was used for.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Only thing I can say,I like it. Please post what you can figure out after talking to others.

Hillbilly stalker

Only thing I can say,I like it. Please post what you can figure out after talking to others.
Well I caught up with the rascal today. He is a Geologist and a Native American history Professor, he advised me that it was nothing. Said it was just a rock and he had seen lots and lots of them just like it. He said some people call them "dolphins", but they are just a rock formation. I'm having a hard time signing off on that tho. There are no flakes removed or signs of percussion....but its just too handy and sized just right if that makes any sense. It may not be man made, but I feel for sure that anyone that had found it back in the day would have put it to use for something. People always take advantage of things that fit in the hand perfect. I'm gonna hunt up some of the old rock breakers in our county and let them have a look see too.:(

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Well I caught up with the rascal today. He is a Geologist and a Native American history Professor, he advised me that it was nothing. Said it was just a rock and he had seen lots and lots of them just like it. He said some people call them "dolphins", but they are just a rock formation. I'm having a hard time signing off on that tho. There are no flakes removed or signs of percussion....but its just too handy and sized just right if that makes any sense. It may not be man made, but I feel for sure that anyone that had found it back in the day would have put it to use for something. People always take advantage of things that fit in the hand perfect. I'm gonna hunt up some of the old rock breakers in our county and let them have a look see too.:(
Yeah,a second or third opinion is warranted here.

Hillbilly stalker

Looks like sand stone. It would have been shaped with friction not by flaking
Good point, it was found within a mile of a large operating granite quarry. The Geologist couldn’t tell me what kind of rock it was right off. I’m sure he could if I had left it and let him research it. It is a real ‘ grainy” type of rock, but not brittle as sandstone. It was found in poor red dirt. Thanks for the input (y)