Cracklins

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Anybody?

In a glass of milk?

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Yessir. Either fresh and especially in The Redheads cracklin cornbread. Good straight out of the pan or crumbled up in a bowl of buttermilk. Jones Country Meats keeps a 55 gallon drum full of cracklins in their store. I love those things and remember when we made em ourselves after hog killin`.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yes, they were made fresh every fall at hog killing.

turkeykirk

They are good but rough on my old teeth. :rofl:

Big7

The Oracle
They are good but rough on my old teeth. :rofl:
I DEFINITELY like the skinLESS cracklings in my cornbread and buttermilk. I try to support local first but the Hormel brand cracklings from up north are the best for cornbread and buttermilk. IMO. And... They are consistent without many fines. They tend to be not as dark either.

Warm, skinON and some good BBQ sauce to dip in is always a good crunchy snack. Local, or at least regional brands are good and can be found most times.

Redbow

I love me some cracklin's and sweet taters, we always had a big pan of both after killing hogs in late fall.

Redbow

Or Streak-o-Lean
Can't find the streak o lean very often in the grocery stores around our area, I did find some several months ago but not since then. I love that stuff.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Good for ya too, at least it makes me feel good in the same way chocolate does. LOL

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Granny always said to starve a pig for a week and feed a pig for a week.
That way your bacon would have a streak a lean and a streak of fat.

I miss Granny.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Eat’em when my teeth start getting a little to long. Love strick-o-lean too.

sbroadwell

I looked it up, Jones Country meats , not county. 226 miles from here. But next time I’m in SW GA for work I’ll be there