Crude References to Jesus Apparently Acceptable Behavior

SBG

I know this is old news, but I wanted to share Jonathan Falwell's take on the matter:

“Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?”

This was a question Jesus posed to His disciples in the sixteenth chapter of Matthew’s Gospel.

Peter answered Jesus’ query with a statement that has echoed through the passages of time: “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God!”

Today, in our increasingly secular culture, I often wonder how many people have any idea that this is who Jesus was. We are seeing the character of Jesus increasingly smeared by the so-called mainstream.

In fact, a few days ago, ESPN anchor Dana Jacobson issued one of the most troubling statements about Jesus that I’ve ever seen.

During a January 11 celebrity roast in Atlantic City, Ms. Jacobson let loose with an outburst that literally sent chills down my spine when I read a transcript of her remarks. Decorum prevents me from recording what she said, but it related to the F-word being applied to Jesus. (It is one of the few words that cannot be used on broadcast television these days, although actress Diane Keaton used it on a live broadcast of ABC’s “Good Morning America” just a few days ago, this time not in reference to Jesus.)

ESPN responded: “Ms. Jacobson’s inappropriate comments were delivered in the context of Notre Dame football and its ‘Touchdown Jesus’ icon. They were wrong and inexcusable and she was suspended from her duties. Her uncharacteristic behavior was not aimed at a particular religious faith. They took place at an adult-only roast that was not aired on any ESPN outlet.”

So her statement was not aimed at a particular faith?

Fine. Her vulgar speech was simply aimed at the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Ms. Jacobson also gave a limp apology for her Jesus-bashing eruption, but apologized only about “remarks about Notre Dame” which she called “foolish and insensitive.”

A few months ago, a glut of similar apologies didn’t seem to help Don Imus when he said some pretty ugly things about the Rutgers basketball team last year. And he was fired.

Apparently, when it comes to perverse statements about Jesus Christ, a slap on the wrist is appropriate action.

This episode reminds me of a couple of years ago when Comedy Central’s “South Park” animated series featured an episode wherein Jesus was depicted in a terribly demeaning way. However, in that same episode, when the series creators also attempted to show the image of Mohammed, the cable network instead edited the screen with this message: “Comedy Central has refused to broadcast an image of Mohammed on their network.”

The utter hypocrisy of the mainstream media was depicted by that episode.

Make a joke of Jesus?

Sure, that’s ok.

Poke fun at another historic religious figure?

No way.

Comedian Kathy Griffin, appearing on the Emmy Awards last year, also stated that Jesus could “suck it,” as she responded to those who thank Him during acceptance speeches.

Donald Wildmon, founder and chairman of the American Family Association, noted further duplicity by pointing out that ABC fired actor Isaiah Washington, star of ABC’s “Grey’s Anatomy” when he referred to another cast member as a “***.”

It is readily apparent that there is no level playing field for Christians within the so-called mainstream media.

Christians have become the pariahs of the mainstream and our Savior — the Son of the living God who laid down His precious life for all mankind — has become fair game for the vilest of commentary.

Galatians 6:7: “Be not deceived: God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”

jody7818

It's sad to hear all of this. But it's just signs of the times. It's only going to get worse. Don't worry...God is taking names though. This reminds me of the following verse in Matthew 12:36:

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
It is a way of "erasing" Christ. Since you can't see nor hear him, them He must not be real and it's fair game. Quite sad actually.

THREEJAYS

It's sad to hear all of this. But it's just signs of the times. It's only going to get worse. Don't worry...God is taking names though. This reminds me of the following verse in Matthew 12:36:

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."

Amen,it won't be funny then.

Jeff Raines

Jesus-the original intimidator,and people are still intimidated by Him today.For when they see Him,they can see the reflection of their soul and for alot of folks,it ain't pretty.

FishFanatic

Jesus-the original intimidator,and people are still intimidated by Him today.For when they see Him,they can see the reflection of their soul and for alot of folks,it ain't pretty.

So true. To accept Jesus means to take an honest look at yourself. Scary for many people. Was for me...but I'm glad I did.

It is Jerry Falwell's son.

Please tell me your point.

I'm not even Protestant and I liked Jerry Falwell. He seemed to live a life above reproach. As a matter of fact, my sister in law graduated from Liberty University, the college he founded.

SBG

Dixie Dawg

It is Jerry Falwell's son.

Please tell me your point.

I'm not even Protestant and I liked Jerry Falwell. He seemed to live a life above reproach. As a matter of fact, my sister in law graduated from Liberty University, the college he founded.

Yeah, he was great... gotta really admire a public religious figure that made comments such as:

"Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them." :huh:

"Billy Graham is the chief servant of Satan in America." (wouldn't this be a little of the pot calling the kettle 'black'?)

"I am such a strong admirer and supporter of George W. Bush that if he suggested eliminating the income tax or doubling it, I would vote yes on first blush."

“If Chief Justice Warren and his associates had known God’s word and had desired to do the Lord’s will, I am quite confident that the 1954 decision [Brown v. Board of Education] would never have been made…. The facilities should be separate. When God has drawn a line of distinction, we should not attempt to cross that line.”

And I'm sure all of you who are worried about Obama being a Muslim will appreciate what Falwell had to say...

"If I were president of the United States, I would include Muslims in my presidency."

SBG

And I'm sure all of you who are worried about Obama being a Muslim will appreciate what Falwell had to say...

"If I were president of the United States, I would include Muslims in my presidency."

Earth to Kerri....Obama ain't a Muslim.:crazy::rofl:

Dixie Dawg

I know that :rolleyes:.... I was speaking to those who keep posting how paranoid they are that he IS a Muslim.... the point being that the beloved Falwell would approve of Muslims being in the White House. Although apparently he wouldn't approve of the president being black :huh:

jody7818

With a name like Barrack Hussein Obama, I bet he's got a hard time explaining how he isn't a muslim. But I guess he can't help it much since that's the name he was given by his parents.