CZ 1012

Baroque Brass

Anyone have a CZ1012? I just got one and I’m a bit underwhelmed. I really wanted a Beretta A400 but I don’t have a need for a $1500 shotgun. I haven’t fired the CZ yet, I don’t want to shoot it just in case I decide not to keep it. It’s a nice gun with nice furniture and finish, and it came with a nice hard case and extended choke tubes, but it ain’t no Beretta.

I know, quit crying and be happy with what I got, or get off the checkbook.

bullgator

Aren’t those Turkish guns?

Baroque Brass

Aren’t those Turkish guns?
Yes they are, but they have facilities in Kansas.

I have a CZ over/under 20 gauge that I really like, but I’m not sure about the auto.

bullgator

I believe it’s the same manufacturer that makes semi-auto Weatherby shotguns.......but don’t hold me to that.

RFWobbly

I oversee all the youth teams at my club. In talking with one of the coaches who does all the gun maintenance, the CZ's simply would not hold up to the pounding of 200 rounds per practice. They had purchased 3 as "discount Brownings" and none made it through the year.

This was news to me, because I love their rifles and handguns. I had naturally assumed their shotguns were of equal value.

Baroque Brass

I took it to the skeet range yesterday and ran a box of shells through it. It shoots pretty nice, has more recoil than I expected, though not as much as my old Browning A5. I’m still kind of lusting after an A400, I may try to sell the CZ and consider an upgrade.

Baroque Brass

I got a Beretta A300 yesterday at a really good price, so I’d like to sell the CZ. It’s had about forty shells put through it. Listed on classifieds, PM me if interested.

Latest posts