Deer acorn hierarchy.

chrislibby88

What’s neat to see is a raft of ducks come up on the edge of an acorn hill out in the swamp, and gobble up water oak acorns. But they won’t stay long on that hill. And all at the same time will shoot back into the water. I’ve been sitting on the ground on the edge of a flat, with bushy cover around me, and had them come pretty close to me. But them jokers can sho nuff see. Man, they can see. And they sure are noisy devils. :bounce: Just a cool experience.
That sounds awesome. I usually just blow them out of the sloughs.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
This is a great thread to revisit each year. I don’t know acorns outside of a White oak, but for me, the common and most important theme here is “feed tree”. I’m gonna spend more time trying to find them and setup shop.

chrislibby88

This is a great thread to revisit each year. I don’t know acorns outside of a White oak, but for me, the common and most important theme here is “feed tree”. I’m gonna spend more time trying to find them and setup shop.
I’ve found a single feed tree before, I’ve also found groups of 10-20 trees that look like a herd of cows has been under them with heavy trails spidering out in all directions. I’m looking for lots of scat too.

Latest posts