Did you buy a gun today #3

Adam5

This was part of the going out of business sale at Sharpshooters in Roswell. It needs a little clean up with some Flitz and the grips are wrong and don’t fit right. For the $282 I paid out the door I don’t mind getting the correct grips and cleaning it up a little. This will be my girlfriend’s range gun and probably eventually her night stand gun.

1987 Ruger Speed Six

Attachments

• IMG_2461.jpeg
    IMG_2461.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2462.jpeg
    IMG_2462.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2464.jpeg
    IMG_2464.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2463.jpeg
    IMG_2463.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 20

Dub

This was part of the going out of business sale at Sharpshooters in Roswell. It needs a little clean up with some Flitz and the grips are wrong and don’t fit right. For the $282 I paid out the door I don’t mind getting the correct grips and cleaning it up a little. This will be my girlfriend’s range gun and probably eventually her night stand gun.

1987 Ruger Speed Six

Great buy.

Super solid gun.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.

1987 Ruger Speed Six

Great buy.

Super solid gun.

That was a great buy, on a great revolver!

Reactions: Dub

Robert28

1987 Ruger Speed Six
I have a police service six that has one of the smoothest triggers I’ve ever shot in a revolver.

Reactions: Dub

Gator89

Palmetto State had stripped AR lowers on sale for $30 so I picked up a couple. I don't know when or what I'll do with them but it was too tempting at that price.

If you can buy them in person, that is a great buy.

Mail ordering them, paying shipping, FFL fees, etc. well, it may not beat the local price too much.

I once bought 2 stripped lowers and had them shipped. The FFL charged me $20 to transfer them. $20 apiece, not $20 for the pair.

So I ended up paying about $65 to $70 each.

Could have have bought one in the store for $50 plus tax.

Mars

Mail ordering them, paying shipping, FFL fees, etc. well, it may not beat the local price too much.

I once bought 2 stripped lowers and had them shipped. The FFL charged me $20 to transfer them. $20 apiece, not $20 for the pair.

I've got a pretty good relationship with my FFL. If he charges me a transfer fee, it's $20 for everything. At least it was....

rosewood

You gotta make friends with an FFL!

rosewood

I took a little Flitz to it this morning. A set pachmyer compact grips and a set of original wood grip are already inbound.
I have found some 1000 grit wet dry sandpaper looks great on the cylinders, but you polish in the direction of rotation and they turn out wonderfully.

Rosewood

rosewood

i don't remember the last time I had to pay
I couldn't tell you how much business I have sent his way since he does mine for free. He charges everyone else. :) His investment is paying dividends. :)

Dub

OH MY! That VP9 SK sure feels good in my hand.

Several fit options, too.

You can mix and match the side panels and rear panel to custom fit it.

Then there are a number of different mags that offer varying degree of pinky room and angles.

Flat 10rd
10rd with pinky shelf
13rd with pinky shelf
15rd with full grip shelf

Very accurate....especially when you let it ride on fast followups.

I'm betting your aggregate magazine-group size rivals what you do with a full sized gat.

frankwright

Yes, I have been wanting a double stack 1911 since I saw Tisas was starting to make some.
Price was right so I ordered it online and picked it up at the FFL yesterday. I think I am going to like it for my IDPA Competitions.
Great 1911 type trigger and 17 rounds of 9mm with a Red Dot.
I have two other Tisas 1911's and know about the quality. Forged frame and slide, no mim parts at all.

Red Dot should be here Monday and I will make it to the range Tuesday or Wednesday.

Attachments

• Tisas 2011 Rt Side.jpg
    Tisas 2011 Rt Side.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Tisas 2011 Left Side.jpg
    Tisas 2011 Left Side.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 11

pacecars

This is what the 16-4 looks like at the moment. I have decided to go with the Leupold dual dovetail base instead of the Weigand and the scope will be a Leupold. I might have to swap out the mount on the 617 also. I love the sleeker look of the Leupold double D

Jester896

Senior Clown
Several fit options, too.
all it came with is in the box...padlock too
the 2 mags have the pinky shelf but I didn't check the rd count
the fiber optic sights on it don't do anything for me
it has the original sights too
Already looking for Trijicon HDs for it to match some of the others I have

Last edited: