Did you buy a gun today #3

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have used an X14 out to 900 and it takes a minute to see through any mirage to spot strikes...with these it isn't a problem.
my Dasher has a 15-55X52. A 300 yard target looks like it is only about 6" across :D

ddavis would like that one...there is only a dot.

Stroker

I REALLY need to stop, but here I go again!

Winchester Mod 63 from the very short '97-'98 reissue, made in Miroku.

Such a slim, slick, and very pretty little rifle. Just had to have it.
1000000756.jpg
View attachment 1312670
View attachment 1312671
I just picked up two 63's. Older one was my mommas, daddy bought it for her, it's older than me, I'm 73 in July. The newer one is 1 of 10,000 made with a grooved receiver. It was my uncle Willards, a career Alabama state trooper who started in the late 50's. He would me tell some tall tales when I was a young boy

Last edited:

Dub

Looking hard at a Wilson combat edc9 with red dot or a staccato c2/s with red dot.

Anybody got one or the other and got any feedback?

I have an EDC X9 (no rail-no optic) and a C2.

Both are great guns.

I find myself carrying the EDC X9 more often simply for the fact it conceals extremely well in a low slung Tucker IWB that I use most often for it.

Both guns perform extremely well.

The C2 is probably faster & flatter for me due to the quick sight recovery afforded by the red dot and the larger grip real estate that gets my support hand more engaged.

IMG_8004.jpeg

Trigger in the Wilson is a bit cleaner, more crisp and lighter. Flat surface is my preferred.

Image 214.jpeg

Recently added a Dawson magwell to my C2. It safeguards against slam pinches on fast blind reloads and also instantly forces hand into highest grip when grabbing to draw.

The EDC X9 can be ordered with the WC magwell, too.

IMG_3508.jpeg

Both the EDC X9 and the C2 are alloy framed.

They offer good balance between carry comfort & shootability, however neither will hang with the larger & heavier steel-framed P (in above pic with C2).

The rear grip contours are markedly different.

The EDC C9 closely resembles that of a Beretta M92, while the C2 more closely resembles a 1911.

The side panels on the EDc C9 are a bit more rounded. The C2 has flat panel.

I hope I never have to give up either gun.

If I can get leaned up a bit and more comfortably carry full AIWB then the C2 will see more saddle time.

menhadenman

Accidentally picked up a Buckmark today… bull barrel and threaded one.

Dawned on me a few weeks ago that the pile of 22s that I have does not include a Browning. Had to fix that one. Should be here next week.

Saw a sweet X Bolt in 300 WM that I dang near bought out of principle. $885 is hard to beat for a rifle that shoots like those do. Plus a 1/8 twist would be a reloader’s dream.

8B82BF9E-9B3F-46F2-A692-88D4411822B9.jpeg187FFCA0-BD80-4736-9C5B-2A058957096A.jpegEE95C9F4-506D-4D31-9F4D-E6B4ABB8FAA5.jpegEE6ADDF4-97EC-412B-AD37-115262A90B4D.jpeg