Dooly County 2010

mplank76

Has anyone been out and about in Dooly county this year yet? I did some scouting a few weeks ago and put up my trail cam. saw some young doe moving and a spike on the camera other than that pretty quiet. Noticed hogs are roaming around in the fields too in the morning.

fireman401

You about ready to get started? Been seeing a few does around in the late afternoon here and there. Hogs moving toward water mostly.

Hunter22

Banned
Went bow huntin last weekend and only saw does. Got the trail cam and theres mainly does with alot of small bucks and one decent buck that was on there. I took a picture of it with my phone. I think I will let him go for another year if the idiot that has 6 acres behind us doesnt shoot him (he got cought for baiting last year 3 times). Its hard to let them get mature around our land because that guy shoots anything brown with 4 legs.

Attachments

• 9pt buck.jpg
    9pt buck.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,137

fireman401

Nice one with a lot of potential. Hopefully he will make it another year or two. He will certainly be a shooter then for sure. Good luck.

Hunter22

Banned
Nice one with a lot of potential. Hopefully he will make it another year or two. He will certainly be a shooter then for sure. Good luck.

Thanks, I hope he last. My 14 yr old nephew hasnt shot a buck yet and he started huntin when he was 9 but I wouldnt mind that being his first buck if he sees him. we had a nice 9 pt that was was letting go for at least a yr that I wanted him to shoot but every time I put him in the stand I saw him in the day before he would end up coming by me no matter where I was haha. We had at least 4 bucks from last yr that would be great this yr but havent seen a single one on the camera except this new buck we have never seen before. Hope he sticks around

Nothin but Fish

Small bucks were chasing...lots of scrapes starting to show up...next week it's on...

mplank76

Well, its been a while since i've been on here, I've only had a chance to go out twice so far this year, opening day rifle, and last sunday. saw alot of does last sunday, took one right before dark. Now its time to lay low and wait for the big daddy to come out. I usually dont shoot does this early but heck no meat in the freezer and the ole lady was getting a little anxious! lol anyways with this colder weather coming in it should be primetime!!! good luck to you all!

cjoice

Nov 3

Was out yesterday evening, got a nice 8 pt. He was giving a doe a good chase, she wasn't haven't. I did see a smaller buck giving chase also. I'm guessing full on Rut will be here with in a week or so. Good luck ya all!

fireman401

Say a small buck chasing a doe Wednesday at daybreak. She wasn't in the mood yet. Saw an almost-legal buck crossing the road near home as I was headed to another farm to hunt this afternoon. I think things are going to pick up in the next week to ten days.

onthespot44

I shot a solid 10pt last night. Should score low 130's

JodysBuck2010.jpg

fireman401

Good Dooly County Buck! The rut is picking up around here. Seeing much more movement. Should be a good weekend!

mplank76

How was hunting this weekend? I missed out, we had an ORI/operational readiness Inspection. and had to work all weekend, none the less its time for me to take leave and get back into the woods!!

cjoice

only was able to get out Saturday morning, watched a small 8 pt and a 4 pt, nothing shootable, 5 does in the distance. Going to try to get out sometime this week.

BANDERSNATCH

spent quite a bit of time on the lease this November. I have seen lots of does....and smaller bucks. I did not witness any chasing at all, until this last Monday. Had a small 6 pt running a doe hard. Hopefully Thanksgiving week will be great. Wish the weather would be cooler, though.

Historically, Thanksgiving week has been great for the area where we hunt.

Best of luck, guys!

Allen Waters

Thanksgiving weekend ( Thursday thru Sunday ) will be the time to be in the Dooly woods. Shot 120's 10 point this morning. action is starting to pick up. seeing more bucks in the 110-120" range this week. will be good when the cold front hits next thurs-fri.