Drivelers #422 Gardening and living young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Same here. We eat them 3 or 4 times a week in various methods of cooking or raw. I'm sure H22 will have some sauteed with some bell pepper tonight on his Brat. I'm a sour kraut girl on my Brat.
Y'all ever core one and fill the core with butter and bake or grill it?

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I gotcha, I thought you were referring to some corn you may have gotten from him.
He had this corn from way back in his family and planted some to keep the strain alive. He made a fine crop last year and was generous enough to share some for me to get a start from. This will be my test trial of it. Since I won’t plant it and BB at the same time for fear of crossing it up, I’m trying Nic’s this year. Bloody Butcher seed is sleeping in my freezer until called upon to do its duty again.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Y'all ever core one and fill the core with butter and bake or grill it?

We don't do it like that, but when we do a Shrimp, Blue crab, or crawfish boil, you better believe we are going to have a whole onion from it on our plate floating in butter. It's almost like delicacy.
He had this corn from way back in his family and planted some to keep the strain alive. He made a fine crop last year and was generous enough to share some for me to get a start from. This will be my test trial of it. Since I won’t plant it and BB at the same time for fear of crossing it up, I’m trying Nic’s this year. Bloody Butcher seed is sleeping in my freezer until called upon to do its duty again.

Copy that, I had gotten some from a former member here and sent him some. I haven't planted mine yet, but I'm fixin to expand my garden significantly from what I'm doing now. I'm going to start working the dirt a little at the time early mornings and very late afternoons/evenings and plant it next Spring I hope.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
We don't do it like that, but when we do a Shrimp, Blue crab, or crawfish boil, you better believe we are going to have a whole onion from it on our plate floating in butter. It's almost like delicacy.
When I do any boil I eat more onion and corn than I do whatever protein is in there, but Y'all really need to try a baked onion.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Stopped at Vidalia Onion Festival in route to Savannah. Not much to it IMO. But much better than going for an afternoon infusion :fine:

I was born in Vidalia, raised up 20 miles from the town, and I have never been to the festival either. We could grow Vidalias there on the homeplace in Wheeler County too. They are a good onion. Yellow Granex type F.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
We arrived at the duplex we are staying at in SE Savannah area. The shotgun competition will be at Forest City Gun Club which is supposed to be 5 minutes from here.

From what I read above we should have driven the truck and got the bed full of onions for y’all :bounce:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
We arrived at the duplex we are staying at in SE Savannah area. The shotgun competition will be at Forest City Gun Club which is supposed to be 5 minutes from here.

From what I read above we should have driven the truck and got the bed full of onions for y’all :bounce:
Got a trunk and back seat ain't Y'a?

Status
Not open for further replies.