Drivelers remember the world #424

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Any of you current or former construction guys.... what's the best way to cut hardie plank siding to install a vent (kitchen exhaust). Am replacing the stove exhaust hood with an exterior venting hood, next, and need to cut through the siding for a 4-in circular exhaust port.
You can buy a jig saw blade for hardie siding.Around $10.00 from Amazon.
Or also a sawzall.Sawzall.
The problem with a hole saw is its the same size as the pipe.....need a little wiggle room and then caulk around the void before adding the cap.

Core Lokt

Good afternoon folks.

Wide open all day, didn't even stop for lunch break.

93* at 5:30p still. Calling for some bad weather late Thursday night and Friday. Oklahoma got hammered with tornados last night.

Hope it was a great day for everyone. Gonna do some watering of plants once it cools down a little.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
holes need pre drilling.

I was thinking you needed a diamond tipped blade to cut it.

They had a pneumatic nailer that was shooting them. I believe it was specifically for the little ring nails they were shooting out of it for hardie plank. Yessir, it probably was on the blade.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Good afternoon folks.

Wide open all day, didn't even stop for lunch break.

93* at 5:30p still. Calling for some bad weather late Thursday night and Friday. Oklahoma got hammered with tornados last night.

Hope it was a great day for everyone. Gonna do some watering of plants once it cools down a little.

Howdy do, Core.

Core Lokt

Howdy do, Core.
Good Jeff and you?

Just done cooking taco meat for hard and soft tacos. Got all of the fixn's cut up and ready to eat.

Wife had a friend just show up out of the blue, and I don't care but her and her husband have issues and she is PO'd. They are on the back porch talking. I'm trying to wait on her to eat... She may eat by herself. I'm actually hungry for a change...

Finally tolerable outside with the heat.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Been a pretty day…..

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Been an easy day of sorts at least for me. I need to do more or at least be a little more productive tomorrow. I’m about ready to just go fishing and forget about trying to get caught up around here from all these surgery setbacks

Shotgun1

Trad it looks like next week(13th thru 17th) will be a good time for yall to come see me. By Yall I mean you,Fish and any other Drivelers who would like to join us.I don't have anything planned just Folgers and visiting with good folks. 10 am is good for me and any day next week should be free of distractions.Just let me know what day.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Good Jeff and you?

Just done cooking taco meat for hard and soft tacos. Got all of the fixn's cut up and ready to eat.

Wife had a friend just show up out of the blue, and I don't care but her and her husband have issues and she is PO'd. They are on the back porch talking. I'm trying to wait on her to eat... She may eat by herself. I'm actually hungry for a change...

Finally tolerable outside with the heat.

Sorry bud, I got into a little ocd piddlein. We're doing pretty good round here Core, hope all is well with you and yours. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.