Driverlers #427 Remembering those fallen heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
IMG_0042.jpeg

Gardenia hanging heavy with blooms after little light showers over night.

It’s propagated from the parent Gardenia here from back when it was a mature plant when my Mom was a little girl about 90 years ago.

When the parent plant was still alive my brothers and I relocated it once. Later on I relocated again to where this one is now. Eventually, the parent plant began dying off so I propagated about a dozen more and gave most away to family and 1st cousins so we would all have one that was from Mama and Papa at this old place.

I’ve got one more big one growing down at my other house that I built when Mom and Dad were still alive here, but I put on their side of the property line(mine now) so that I could still go down there and take cuttings if needed. It’s just inside this property line behind the folks that bought my place down there. They have one also that I planted when I lived there.

Might have to propagate a few more, just in case.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Man Jeff, I can smell those now.
My favorite smell
I have several that I propagated from old time bushes. The new varieties are like roses. Barely any smell.

Wow, I did not know that about the newer varieties. Yessir, I made it a point to propagate these here, so we would have this particular strain and its heritage. That was over 20 years ago when I did that.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Just seems I can never stay on track. While the brisket is cooking, I move the netting over by my apple trees when I decided to move a couple of landscape timbers out of the way and placed them where I needed another fire wood rack. Now to build that and start stacking some wood I cut up the other day. Need to add more coals.

flatwoods

Just seems I can never stay on track. While the brisket is cooking, I move the netting over by my apple trees when I decided to move a couple of landscape timbers out of the way and placed them where I needed another fire wood rack. Now to build that and start stacking some wood I cut up the other day. Need to add more coals.
I knew I should have brought a cooler and a chair.
Im good at that.
Id hate for you to run out of coals.

Status
Not open for further replies.