Driverlers #427 Remembering those fallen heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I’ve got an old heirloom rose that will smell the yard up with a great scent

Yessir, got a pink one here also that was Mama’s pride and joy. That thing is way older than me. That’s a good idea. I need to take some cuttings and propagate several more off of it just in case. Might be a good little project for today. That’s all I’m going to do today anyway is piddle.

flatwoods

Yessir, got a pink one here also that was Mama’s pride and joy. That thing is way older than me. That’s a good idea. I need to take some cuttings and propagate several more off of it just in case. Might be a good little project for today. That’s all I’m going to do today anyway is piddle.
That's one thing I have never had is roses.
I finally planted some knockouts at the entry. They sure have the bloom power but no smell.
I always loved those old time smell good roses.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I knew I should have brought a cooler and a chair.
Im good at that.
Id hate for you to run out of coals.
Well there’s not but one thing for you to do… either come on down or wished you had later.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
That's one thing I have never had is roses.
I finally planted some knockouts at the entry. They sure have the bloom power but no smell.
I always loved those old time smell good roses.

Yessir, its an old variety. I've only got one knockout rose, need to add a few more the one I have needs a few companions.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I’ve got an old heirloom rose that will smell the yard up with a great scent

This old one here will do that. I remember one day after we 1st moved up here and MizT and I were out back on the shaded patio and I said, "What is it that smells so good out here?" We were about 40' from that Rose and MizT said, "It's that big old rose you're smelling". I didn't believe her thinking I couldn't smell it from that far away. Sho nuff, I walked over to it and sniffed it and it dang sure was.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Nic you know you have my thoughts and prayers. I think of you daily and know how you are suffering not being able to roam about. Your corn you so generously gifted me will hopefully feed generations of my descendants to come.
I’m here for you and don’t mind driving down and spending time with you if you so desire.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Speaking of corn. I have been doing a little research on old time corn.
I'm going to have try some of this for fun.

Best have good teeth, unless you plan on pop'n it. I grew some Indian Corn for a 5th grade science project and unless you nixtamalate, grind, or pop it... it's uneatable as far I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.