Driverlers #427 Remembering those fallen heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
SIL and longtime friend are reclining this 33ft diameter above ground. I’m playing gofer and gasket maker. It’s hot with a sand bottom and metal sides restricting air flow. We just got the new sides standing, will get the liner in tomorrow or next two days I hope.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
SIL and longtime friend are reclining this 33ft diameter above ground. I’m playing gofer and gasket maker. It’s hot with a sand bottom and metal sides restricting air flow. We just got the new sides standing, will get the liner in tomorrow or next two days I hope.
You know to use a shop vac to tighten the liner before adding the water?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
He probably does, I don’t
In case he doesn't... duct tape all of the holes in the wall and put the vac hose in the skimmer hole before duct tapping it closed. Turn on the vac.. get inside the pool and "kick" the bottom edges to the wall while "walking out" the wrinkles in the bottom of the liner. Once it's "neat" and smooth, then start the water keeping the vac running till it's at least a foot deep. Before the water get's to the skimmer and other holes stop it and cut the holes in the liner and install the trim and hoses. Finish filling. I've actually had to show this to guys that put pools in for a living.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
In case he doesn't... duct tape all of the holes in the wall and put the vac hose in the skimmer hole before duct tapping it closed. Turn on the vac.. get inside the pool and "kick" the bottom edges to the wall while "walking out" the wrinkles in the bottom of the liner. Once it's "neat" and smooth, then start the water keeping the vac running till it's at least a foot deep. Before the water get's to the skimmer and other holes stop it and cut the holes in the liner and install the trim and hoses. Finish filling. I've actually had to show this to guys that put pools in for a living.
I’ll pass it on, thanks

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

Good thing yall picked a cool day to do the job :rofl:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Cap he’s gonna do the shop vac thang.He bought a tamp with a motor on it too. He seems to come up with good reasons to buy stuff.
That "Whacker Packer" will come in handy more times that you think. Just be REAL careful around who you use it around... on hard ground it sounds just like a Bell UH-1 and has a tendency to send some Nam Vets into PTSD flash backs.. been there.. seen that.. more than once.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I was just saying how glad I was it warmed up since yesterday, we were concerned about frostbite this morning early.

It was 91 here on Monroe Cove a little while ago. Dropped to a chilly 89 now. All other family and 2 pups are at the dock. Papa is hanging in here with the 72 degree weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.