Duck Calls - Making

mossyoak0270

Hey guys - I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I am looking to lean how to make duck calls. I am brand new to the wood working world, so I wanted to see if anyone could tell me what equipment I would need. I have been reading articles and its clear Lathe, Gouge, Drill Press / Bits, Bandsaw, Stainless steel jig. Am I missing anything? I am not looking to be a production shop, just a new hobbie. Can you guys also recommend brands, sizes, etc.. that will not break my bank account - :clap:

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Clent would be your best bet on hear!!! (Clent586)

He makes an awesome Goose call!!!:cool::clap::cheers:

GADAWGS

Your not too far from me, feel free to come by and I will help ya get started.

clent586

Your not too far from me, feel free to come by and I will help ya get started.

This will be the best invite you get from this site! Take him up on that offer. He may even give you a smokin' deal on a motorhome:flag:

Nitro

Banned
This will be the best invite you get from this site! Take him up on that offer. He may even give you a smokin' deal on a motorhome:flag:

Or a Boat,,,,or a Bronco,,,,,,or a dog,,,,, or whatever is behind door #3...:bounce:

I have spent time in Lee's shop. I would take him up on that offer..

N

newmoon

You guys ease up on Lee I have been there and done that and have the t-shirt, But the great thing about Lee is he is always the same every time you talk to him regardless of what comes his way. And no I am not blowing smoke Nitro knows Lee is a one of a kind, What kind I may never know LOL newmoon

GADAWGS

Thanks guys. BUt you cant have my Bronco, and the last dog to go has already been promised. Now the motorhome and pontoon boat have got to go, might even make ya good deal on a 16 year old eatting machine of a son:rofl:

clent586

Thanks guys. BUt you cant have my Bronco, and the last dog to go has already been promised. Now the motorhome and pontoon boat have got to go, might even make ya good deal on a 16 year old eatting machine of a son:rofl:

I might take the kid if you sweetin' the deal with that Gator Trax:D

GADAWGS

The way he has been eatting, I am giving that serious thought. Besides, he can always help you out of the water when you decide to swim in 40 degree weather:rofl:

clent586

The way he has been eatting, I am giving that serious thought. Besides, he can always help you out of the water when you decide to swim in 40 degree weather:rofl:

Thanks for reminding me...........hope you get to witness it again this year! Here is to you.......LEE!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNYG0jLhcWQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNYG0jLhcWQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nitro

Banned

You and the boy are always welcome here!!! Come have dinner one night soon.

mossyoak0270

GADAWGS - thanks for the invite - i might have to just take you up on that. I am tied up on business the next few weeks, but I will contact you and see what we can schedule. Is there a time that works best for you?