Eabco BF Pistol

pacecars

Well I went and did it. I wanted one of these a long time ago when they were cheaper but got into Contenders and then Encores instead. Funny thing is that with both of them I never used their most famous attributes of switching barrels. For every barrel I had I ended up with a frame. Well fast forward to today and I just ordered a BF Pistol in 6.5 BRM. Should be nice and light and a heck of a 300 and under deer gun

Attachments

• C2EF88AF-A933-48FF-B175-B286CFD0AE29.jpeg
    C2EF88AF-A933-48FF-B175-B286CFD0AE29.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 27

Lilly001

Nice gun.
I’ve looked at those, also.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I shot a Contender in .45/70 once...I haven't had a relapse

A guy I know got an Encore in 300AAC and it blew up on the second shot with factory ammo and they wouldn't replace the barrel in that caliber for him...but would in any other caliber.

I have seen a couple of pictures of some nice rigs on here and I feel like I might want another single shot myself.

A buddy brought one by last weekend for me to mount his scope for him. The rail that came with his is a little too short to suit me but it worked. I really liked the contrast of the bead blasted receiver with the blued barrel and the custom wood it had was really sweet....Started me to itchin

rosewood

Is the BF a falling block?

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Is that a falling block?
Not really, it’s breech loader, more like a shotgun.
Rugers and Winchesters are falling blocks that can take more pressure.

pacecars

It is a falling block. It is not as robust as a Ruger. It is along the strength of a Contender.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My apologies, thought we were talking contenders.

rosewood

I have encores and contenders. ;)

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I have encores and contenders. ;)
I like falling blocks, particularly Ruger’s.
I hunted with a #3 45/70 for years. Down to a more civil .308 at this age.

rosewood

My apologies, thought we were talking contenders.
My stoopid phone goes nuts when i reply with quote. Someone recommended turning off predicative test and it worked!

pacecars

I don’t know why the pic looks fuzzy when I upload directly from my phone. It looks clear when you click on it though. The basic profile looks very similar to a Contender especially with the thimbrest grip it reminds me of the ones I had in the early 80s

rosewood

I don’t know why the pic looks fuzzy when I upload directly from my phone. It looks clear when you click on it ..
I noticed all of them have been doing that lately.

pacecars

Just got the email that it shipped today