Early Clay and Calhoun!

southwestslayer

Well last sat afternoon I took the gf out for the evening hunt. We got to the stand and did our normal photo shoot lol finally got settled in. It was very uneventful up until about 645 when I caught movement to my left I tapped Britney and told her I see a deer she found it in the range finder and said it was 76 yards away. It start to feed to use gets to about 60 and I see antlers it's a small buck dangit then I catch movement to the right of the little buck it's a another buck a young but nice 8 point. Britney ranges them at 50 she ask are you going to shoot the 8 I said no it's to young we will watch them. As they make there way around use they are eating berries they get within 30 yards and are right behind us jumping up to eat berries out of the trees. Well the little buck goes iron the bedding area behind us for a couple minutes then comes out... Well I thought he came out but I look close it's a doe so I tell Brit to get ready and range the doe she does does at 40 I said wait she is moving to us Brit ranged her one more time at 30 that's all I need to hear I drew and THWAP!!! I new it was a good shot I had the pin on her lungs. So we wait the bucks come back and spook as we are getting down once down we find the arrow covered in bubbly blood and get on the trial easy until we follow it for about 70 yards and the trail goes cold bring guys from the camp back still find nothing look in the am nothing. Sucks forsure we should of waited alittle longer before getting down.