Elk kabobs

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Man yeah , I know that was good ? For you elk hunters do you like it better than deer ?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks delicious!

DannyW

Man yeah , I know that was good ? For you elk hunters do you like it better than deer ?

I have been elk hunting twice, once with a bow and once with a rifle, but never got one. However a friend who goes about every year has been successful a few times, and he has grilled me a few elk steaks.

I'm not sure of the exact cuts he grilled but they were delicious! Tender and mild and not at all like deer venision which tends to be a little dry, a little tough, and have a faint liver-like flavor when grilled to medium. (I think the flavor is influenced by all the bitter acorns deer eat in the fall.)

I would choose an elk ribeye over a beef ribeye if given the choice. And it's no contest whatsoever which I would choose between deer and elk.

Of course, everyone's taste buds are different...YMMV.

TJay

I like elk better than whitetail and my wife loves elk which makes it easier when I get to go elk hunting. Elk burgers are awesome and depending on who does the processing the sausage is sublime. Me and some friends split this elk, our friend Bill killed the elk and has alpha gal and can't eat it. The guys quartered it and took it back to south Texas to be processed which is excellent coz those old German processors know how to make sausage!

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Elk meat is awesome !! You can buy it online, a lil pricey.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Thanks for y’all’s opinions , I’ve ate it a few times and it was great . One of them was an escaped cow in Ga that no one would claim . After a few years and my dads garden we called a warden and was told to eat it and shut up . She was good but I’m not sure better than deer, it’s been a while since I’ve had any and just curious .