Etienne to Georgia

bullgator

Yes it will. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got the #1 spot.

greendawg

He is more proven than any back UGA has. Branson Robinson is coming off a knee injury and Andrew Paul is in year 2 of recovery of an injury too. Roderick Robinson is a big boy and looked good in limited action and Cash Jones is a good change of pace back but he is too small for every down play in the SEC. The three guys UGA has coming in are really good high school backs and Kirby has already said Dwight Phillips Jr. has to be a part of the game plan because of his skill set, which is world class speed, but college is going to be a huge jump from HS.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I hate it for you Florida bros. I really do. This transfer junk is way out of hand. Georgia has lost a ton to the portal and will probably lose a few more soon. But, one way to look at this is if a guy isn’t dedicated to being there, then good riddance, I guess.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
And yes, dude is a very capable RB. Glad o get him.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Kirby saw us having to depend on Cash Jones in meaningful playing time along with moving Dillon Bell from WR to running back because of all the injuries and said, “Never again.”

bullgator

I hate it for you Florida bros. I really do. This transfer junk is way out of hand. Georgia has lost a ton to the portal and will probably lose a few more soon. But, one way to look at this is if a guy isn’t dedicated to being there, then good riddance, I guess.
My only question is, he said he was leaving due to his desire to be the feature back. Does he really think the Georgia RB room is less talented? I doubt it.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
My only question is, he said he was leaving due to his desire to be the feature back. Does he really think the Georgia RB room is less talented? I doubt it.
People wanted a reason so he just said the first thing that popped in his head more than likely rather than just saying, “Why do I have to explain myself?”

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
GA hasn't really had a feature back in a long time. It's a stable.

bullgator

People wanted a reason so he just said the first thing that popped in his head more than likely rather than just saying, “Why do I have to explain myself?”
That’s probably the honest truth

walukabuck

Said he wants to win, sadly that ain't happening in gainesville anytime soon. He'll get to run behind an actual offensive line for once, that's the good news for UGA. The bad news is that carson beck is subject to great bodily harm with etienne in pass protection. With college football having gone to unrestricted free agency, rivalries don't mean nothing to these guys.

SpotandStalk

Sounds like he found out Montrell Johnson was returning.

bullgator

Sounds like he found out Montrell Johnson was returning.
What he said when he entered the portal was that he wanted to be the starter and, because he was friends with Johnson, he didn’t want to affect Johnson’s role. I still think his brother is in his ear to much.