Etienne to Georgia

greendawg

Said he wants to win, sadly that ain't happening in gainesville anytime soon. He'll get to run behind an actual offensive line for once, that's the good news for UGA. The bad news is that carson beck is subject to great bodily harm with etienne in pass protection. With college football having gone to unrestricted free agency, rivalries don't mean nothing to these guys.

If he don't block, Kirby will let him ride the pine. His body type and speed reminds me of D'Andre Swift. I sure hope he can play like him.

Duff

If he don't block, Kirby will let him ride the pine. His body type and speed reminds me of D'Andre Swift. I sure hope he can play like him.
This^^

If you aren’t the QB or have the ball in your hands, you better be blocking somebody in Kirby’s O

I’ve always thought he ran hard. Glad his going to be a Dawg!

walukabuck

Thinking that was Napier's mindset as well. Johnson seemed to be getting the bulk of the carries by the end of season.

MudDucker

Staff member
He's a good back. What gets me is the hate and vitrol from the Florida fan base. Folks wishing him devasting injuries and such. I've never wished that on any player that transferred from UGA.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Kirby saw us having to depend on Cash Jones in meaningful playing time along with moving Dillon Bell from WR to running back because of all the injuries and said, “Never again.”
King Kirby better keep letting Bell play both WR and RB. Dude is our current version of Hines Ward. Bell is one heck of an athlete.

bullgator

He's a good back. What gets me is the hate and vitrol from the Florida fan base. Folks wishing him devasting injuries and such. I've never wished that on any player that transferred from UGA.
Oh, no hate from me. He’s a great runner with good vision and moves. I wouldn’t doubt if he does get the most work in Georgia’s rotation. His blocking has been a noted concern.

brownceluse

The other backs in Athens will show teach him how to block. Every player has down and a up side. If he needs work blocking. He’s gonna get it in Athens

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
King Kirby better keep letting Bell play both WR and RB. Dude is our current version of Hines Ward. Bell is one heck of an athlete.
He did well but he’s needed at receiver worse than he is running back now.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Well my daughter is through opening presents and it s a little bit before we go to my momma’s so I took a peek over at the Florida 247 message board. Good night. Lotta people over there saying they hope Etienne breaks his leg or blows out his knees and never plays again.

A few are screaming that the portal needs to go because these guys aren’t learning about commitment and loyalty.

Well here’s what I say about the portal talk. Unless you’re willing to put your money where your mouth is and refuse anybody to transfer to your team you need to shut up. And don’t tell me about commitment and loyalty either. Nobody saying that wouldn’t leave their job for a better job. And they didn’t care when Oscar Meyer left Utah to come to Gainesville. Should he have stayed at Utah cause commitment and loyalty? People are so full of crap. As long as it works how you want it to it’s great but as soon as it doesn’t everybody needs to be loyal and committed.