Federal .327 sixgun

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I’m interested in hearing about the Federal .327 cartridge in Ruger Single Six. I have shot the .32 H&R magnum for over thirty years but am unfamiliar with .327. Anyone willing to compare the two from experience? I’m not looking for an argument but what your thoughts are on this revolver.

doomtrpr_z71

The 327 is a little hotter I've shot both and the 327 has a little more recoil but it's very manageable, comparable to me to a hot 38spc +p in a similar framed gun

furtaker

I have a snub-nosed Taurus chambered in 327. The 327 is manageable but definitely has more recoil and blast than the H&R. It jumps pretty good. I keep mine loaded with H&Rs most of the time.

Big7

The Oracle
I love Ruger.
But skip that.

If you don't want or need a "big bore", .357 is your best bet + it will shoot three cartridges. Possibly 4 if you are into weird stuff. 38 Long Colt.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
The 327 is a little hotter I've shot both and the 327 has a little more recoil but it's very manageable, comparable to me to a hot 38spc +p in a similar framed gun
That’s what I was thinking. I appreciate your reply.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I have a snub-nosed Taurus chambered in 327. The 327 is manageable but definitely has more recoil and blast than the H&R. It jumps pretty good. I keep mine loaded with H&Rs most of the time.
Thanks I’m trying to figure this out without spending the money. You’ve helped in that effort.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I love Ruger.
But skip that.

If you don't want or need a "big bore", .357 is your best bet + it will shoot three cartridges. Possibly 4 if you are into weird stuff. 38 Long Colt.
A shortage of calibers is not one of my problems. I’m fighting against myself you might say in this situation. I looked at a shooting session on YouTube with a man shooting a Henry in .327 and using short and long 32s,H&R ,and .327 in the Henry. I’ve wanted a levergun for the H&R for years,that would solve that,but then I’d have a need for a .327 revolver. A .327 revolver would make another pistol/rifle combo sharing the same cartridge. Then a need for brass,dies,etc etc, for the new cartridge. Maybe if I ignore it,it’ll go away. Thanks for your input.

chuckdog

Not to try swaying you one way or the other. I’m thinking it’s likely you’ll be able to use the same die set for the .327. If you want, shoot all the .32 H&R from it you have too.

It’s only money and we ain’t taking any with us when we leave. Plus it’s losing value with each day that passes. :censored:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Not to try swaying you one way or the other. I’m thinking it’s likely you’ll be able to use the same die set for the .327. If you want, shoot all the .32 H&R from it you have too.

It’s only money and we ain’t taking any with us when we leave. Plus it’s losing value with each day that passes. :censored:
You make some very strong points there. That seven shooter looks interesting that Ruger makes. I’ve been wanting a birds head revolver for years, hmm. Maybe if I go to a gun store and just hold one,things will become clearer. Henry levergun,oh my!

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I believe the 327 version is actually called the single seven.
That one in birdshead grip is nice. The ones I’ve seen in online advertisements are stainless. They have fixed sights and weigh two pounds.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
there is a Blackhawk version that holds 8 rounds

Big7

The Oracle
A shortage of calibers is not one of my problems. I’m fighting against myself you might say in this situation. I looked at a shooting session on YouTube with a man shooting a Henry in .327 and using short and long 32s,H&R ,and .327 in the Henry. I’ve wanted a levergun for the H&R for years,that would solve that,but then I’d have a need for a .327 revolver. A .327 revolver would make another pistol/rifle combo sharing the same cartridge. Then a need for brass,dies,etc etc, for the new cartridge. Maybe if I ignore it,it’ll go away. Thanks for your input.
I'm with you.
If you want it and can afford it, more power to you.

I bought a P90 and FiveSeven the same day.

Necks are thin and you really need to have a good set up to reload those.

I guess my point was .357 ain't going anywhere.
Cases, boolits and parts will be available from now on and revolvers, lever actions, single shots- and if you want to drop 2500$ on a Desert Eagle semi- auto, you can do that too.. ?

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I'm with you.
If you want it and can afford it, more power to you.

I bought a P90 and FiveSeven the same day.

Necks are thin and you really need to have a good set up to reload those.

I guess my point was .357 ain't going anywhere.
Cases, boolits and parts will be available from now on and revolvers, lever actions, single shots- and if you want to drop 2500$ on a Desert Eagle semi- auto, you can do that too.. ?
Pm coming your Way

fishnguy

I have the Ruger LCR in .327 also and keep it loaded with the .327 magnums. More easily controlled than .357 mags in a snub nosed. The .32 H&Rs are a pleasure to shoot. I'm 52 without serious hand issues. While I haven't done any reloading yet, this cartridge made me buy a press and start putting together some supplies.

deerslayer357

I bought a sp101 in 327 fed mag for my wife 12 years ago. It was the cartridge that got me started loading also. 32 mags are pleasant, 327’s are less recoil than 357 but still a handful in a 2” barrel.