First Time Muzzleloading Ohio

wedgebolt

Was bowhunting a few weeks ago and ate a little tag soup. But just got an invite for a return for gun week. Since I don't have a slug gun I'm taking the muzzleloader. I hope I can fill my tags!

I have hunted South East Ohio off and on for over 40 years. The pic you see is me holding a 10 point shot with a slug gun. Cant make it this year but will be up there next year. Good Luck.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Very nice buck. Got a 10 last year with a bow but tag soup this year. I'll be there on a long weekend Thursday-Sunday.

GAHUNTER60

What gun, caliber and load you using, Formula?

I have a cousin who has a lease in Pike County, IL, but no one goes up after bow season. He said I'm welcome to go during shotgun season any time I want. I haven't taken him up on the offer yet, but if I ever do, I'll use one of my traditional muzzleloaders.

formula1

Modern guy these days though I once used a traditional homemade percussion TC Renegade .50.

I now shoot a TC Encore 209x50 inline. Shoot a .458 300 grain Nosler partition with a sabot, 209 shotshell primer and 110 grains Blackhorn 209 powder. Shoots great.

I bowhunted for years in Scott Co. IL right next to Pike. You should go if u ever get the chance. If you need someone to go with u sometime, i would love to go back one day.

frankwright

I hunted a few years at my brothers farm in Scioto Co,OH and it was awesome. Killed several nice ones with 870 slug, H&R slug 20ga and finally switched yo a CVA Omega and killed several more.
Saw more deer in one afternoon than six Georgia deer seasons!

formula1

Well seeing plenty of deer but no shooter bucks and I've been holding on does until the last day which is tomorrow. I'll let u know how it ends.

formula1

I did not shoot a thing. Had a 4 point and a non shooter 10 pt come by and a small doe I could have shot. Just decided to pass. I think that young 10 will be a
shooter next year.