First time venison neck roast and first time insta-pot…

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Thawedout the venison neck roast overnight in buttermilk, spiced it up with some rosemary, garlic+celrey salt, thyme, kosher salt and black pepper and such, but it seemed kind of weak so I let it sit for an hour or so with traegers beef rub before browning in the instapot...

20201206_165504_copy_768x1024.jpg
Then sauted a couple handfulls of celery and red bell pepper in the pot (not big on onion or garlic here), dropped the meat back in with a couple of cups of broth and and 3 tin foil packets of chopped carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms. Pressure cooked for 35 minutes.
The vegetables were done good but the meat was still a little tough and dry with a strong hint of marrow. I removed all the veggies,cleaned the pot, and put the meat back in the pressure cooker for 20 more minutes with fresh broth. Perfect!
Then added a can of Pinto beans, a can of white beans, and a can of corn, let simmer crockpot style for another hour.

Served with cornbread... :cheers:

20201207_192136_copy_768x1024.jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Thawedout the venison neck roast overnight in buttermilk, spiced it up with some rosemary, garlic+celrey salt, thyme, kosher salt and black pepper and such, but it seemed kind of weak so I let it sit for an hour or so with traegers beef rub before browning in the instapot...

View attachment 1054299
Then sauted a couple handfulls of celery and red bell pepper in the pot (not big on onion or garlic here), dropped the meat back in with a couple of cups of broth and and 3 tin foil packets of chopped carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms. Pressure cooked for 35 minutes.
The vegetables were done good but the meat was still a little tough and dry with a strong hint of marrow. I removed all the veggies,cleaned the pot, and put the meat back in the pressure cooker for 20 more minutes with fresh broth. Perfect!
Then added a can of Pinto beans, a can of white beans, and a can of corn, let simmer crockpot style for another hour.

Served with cornbread... :cheers:

View attachment 1054300
Awesome!!!!