First trout

hunter922jr

Long story short I have had a fly rod for a while and haven’t fished hardly at all with it but got into it a couple weeks ago on some bluegill. My buddy invited me to go up north today and I not only caught my first trout, but first rainbow and first brown!!! Had a killer day and caught 20-25 on nymphs and wooly boogers. Needless to see I think a new addiction is beginning. PS the brown got out of my hand .5 of a second before I was gonna take a picture lol. Not to mention I have a good size goose egg on my knee from the mossy rocks.

Attachments

• IMG_5845.png
    IMG_5845.png
    862.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5843.png
    IMG_5843.png
    914.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5839.jpeg
    IMG_5839.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 63

Dr. Strangelove

Congratulations!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, man! Now you're hooked. :)

jbogg

Nice. I’ve only been at it for a month or so as well. My next investment will be in some of those wading boots. Went down hard on my wrist and shoulder a few weeks ago. Now the question is felt or cleats?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. I’ve only been at it for a month or so as well. My next investment will be in some of those wading boots. Went down hard on my wrist and shoulder a few weeks ago. Now the question is felt or cleats?
Both. The one thing to not skimp on is wading boots. A broken leg or fractured skull miles back in the woods by yourself is no joke. We had a good member of this forum who sadly died from falling into a creek.
With cleats, aluminum is the way to go. The hard ones don't grip like the softer ones.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I picked up some korkers during their memorial day sale with cleats, they are bomb diggity. The bootie sock with the built in gaiter also helps keep rocks out
Frog Toggs neoprene wading socks are da bomb.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Felt!

Frog Toggs neoprene wading socks are da bomb.
Ya, i gotta get some a those so i can ditch the waders and wet wade withmy same korkers in warm season...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
You can get corkers that come with interchangeable cleats or and felt.

Both. The one thing to not skimp on is wading boots. A broken leg or fractured skull miles back in the woods by yourself is no joke. We had a good member of this forum who sadly died from falling into a creek.
With cleats, aluminum is the way to go. The hard ones don't grip like the softer ones.
Last summer a young off duty policeman fell into the Chestatee right here below my camper and drowned.
Nobody knows, but I suspect he did a head dive coming down the bank and hit his head on a rock.
Better way to die than laying on a hospital bed for 5 years but this guy was under 30.

Latest posts