Fishing Friday after all the rain....

Benito

Hey Folks- Going on my annual Fishing trip this Friday and Saturday, will be fishing a 40-acre lake near Livingston, AL.

My question- It’s rained a TON there, looks like it will finally stop raining Thursday, unfortunately Friday may be a “post-front, blue-sky day”. Tips for still catching Bass? Guessing the water will still be very muddy, doesn’t seem like ideal conditions. Lake has lots of weeds, not much timber or rocks.....And guessing water levels will be way up.

Fish slower? Shallower or Deeper? Lures with rattles/flash (Chatterbaits, Rattle-traps, Spinnerbaits?) Will plastics or Jigs still be a decent option? Top water?

Appreciate any tips- Don’t get to fish nearly as much as I use to, so Friday and Saturday are the only full days of fishing I’ll get to do all Summer.....

Thanks-

Ben

Dupree

I’d be throwing a topwater for sure, that’s been producing most my fish. Cant say what style without knowing the body of water. I mainly throw a walk the dog, (lucky craft Sammy 100), but a plopper style bait is easy to use and works well also. Colors would depend on what the bass feed on there. My son has been throwing a weightless fluke and getting quite a few bites behind my Sammy.
Once the son gets up pretty high I’ve been swapping to soft plastics on points and ledges in 10’-15’ of water and doing pretty well.

Nimrod71

This is a problem nearly all fisherman face at some time in their lives. I have been caught in this situation many times when fishing on the rivers here. I would say to start with top water plugs and work down to spinner baits then worms. At this time of the year top water works good here in South Georgia. Working broke back Rapala lures over grass has worked well. Also if what you are using isn't working change baits and action. Good Luck