Food Pron Dump! (Recent Cooks)

TrueBlueEagle

Hey all,
I've been known to not post daily, then dump a bunch of pics and cooks all at once to share what I've been up to. Well it's that time again. Figured some of my cooks aren't worthy of a thread to themselves an I'm always to lazy after eating to get on an post a pic in the daily unofficial threads. So I let em build up and hopefully they've earned their own thread now!

I'll try and give descriptions in order of pics:

1.) Canned Chicken browned in a pan with jerk seasoning and zaxby's hot sauce (you can buy a 16 oz of sauce -wimpy, nuclear, tongue torch, etc for $3) on toasted hot dog buns with some tater chips.

2.)Italian dressing chicken in electric skillet with sweet taters I nuked for about 6 mins.

3.)My newest cooking toy- the Discada! Picked it up from Agri supply and seasoned it on a modified fish cooker with some bacon.
4.)Cooked chicken and steak fried rice with veggies! So yummy..

5. The classic BLT with doritos. A little trick for the perfect BLT Bread: Put 2 slices of bread in one toaster slot. The outside gets toasted but the inside stays soft and "chewy". Slathered up with plenty of Dukes Mayo

6.) Dutch Oven Pineapple upside down cake. Pineapples, brown sugar, Butter, Melted vanilla ice cream, flour. Didnt look all that pretty, but tasted decent for my first ever cake and first ever using D/O.
7.) Slice of said cake. Again, wasn't amazing but with a dollup of nillar ice cream and that caramelized pineapple, it was purdy dang good.

8/9/10.) Salmon. One with citrus marinade and a lemon slice on top. The other with a mix of Bourbon, Peach preserves, butter, and brown sugar glaze.

11.) Chicken wangs and Conecuh Sausage. 4 diff flavors on wings, some with Habanero death dust, Some Lemon pepper, Some BBQ rub, and some a mix of all diff kinds of stuff. I just love a good grilled chicken wing!

Anywho, hope you enjoyed the thread and I could impose an apetite on ya before lunch!

Attachments

• IMG_3344.JPG
    IMG_3344.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_3369.JPG
    IMG_3369.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_3360.JPG
    IMG_3360.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_3361.JPG
    IMG_3361.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_3377.JPG
    IMG_3377.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_3362.JPG
    IMG_3362.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_3363.JPG
    IMG_3363.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_3372.JPG
    IMG_3372.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_3370.JPG
    IMG_3370.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_3373.JPG
    IMG_3373.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_3381.JPG
    IMG_3381.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 282

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bunch of really good looking food! :clap:

4bob4

All looks good. That discada looks pretty cool. Is it advertised to use over a fish cooker or is it supposed to be a camp cook kind of thing?

Dub

Well done !!!!!!

You hit some real favorites there.

Excellent looking eats.

That is a really cool mega-wok.:cool:

TrueBlueEagle

Thanks ya'll! I could've just uploaded a pic of my belly to show ya'll I've been eating (didnt want you guys to worry), but figured the food pics would be more appealing. As the saying goes, pics or it didnt happen!

All looks good. That discada looks pretty cool. Is it advertised to use over a fish cooker or is it supposed to be a camp cook kind of thing?

Dont hold me to this b/c I'm relatively new to the discada world. But from what I've seen online, almost everybody cooks over propane. You could definitely still use it on an open fire, but I think the key to it is having a very hot centralized fire with the edges holding residual heat. Basically throw in whatever takes the longest to cook first. In my case I threw the chicken in the middle with a little bit of oil, once it was pretty much done, you scoot it to the side and throw in whatevers next keeping the chicken from burning, but still staying warm and letting any grease run down to the middle for more flavor!

We're looking forward to taking it tailgating and doing fajitas and fried rice, maybe even jumbalaya for the LSU game!